Which plaster near shower door

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by SyFre, Mar 11, 2022.

1. SyFre

SyFre New Member

Hi.
    I stripped the first layer of the plasterboard wall near the external lower part of the shower door due to mould. Would someone know which type of plaster can I use for moist area to fill a 0.5-1 cm deep and large patch, without buying a 25kg bag? Thanks

I excluded leak or condensation.
    For more details : The house/ bathroom are about 20y old, no issue known before. The mould has built up last year and half for what I originally thought only in the paint but realised mould had infiltrated deeper in the paper jointing tape horizontally place to join a 30cm lower plasterboard block with a top one. The plaster block had no mould. So I remove the surface layer of primer, surface a paper, to let the plaster block only, treated with bleach. I believe the water comes from splash when opening the door or followed down the external silicone (removed now, letting a small gap between the shower tray and the wall). I don't think there is any leak from the tills inside the shower).

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Nothing over moist unless it continues to dry out..

Any filler will do it but would plastic not be better