Which pushfit

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Wayne K, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Wayne K

Wayne K New Member

I fit am originally a joiner to trade & have been fitting kitchens for many years, when plumbing (no gas)I have always used compression or solder fittings, I am only moving services relativly short distances & connecting sinks w/machines & dishwashers. I am thinking on going down the pushfit route & wondered which do you recommend. I realise this is a more expensive way but time wise it appears to be a huge saving.
    I have been looking at the tectite sprint stuff, but see that most plumbers use HEP stuff, is there a reason for this as the tectite stuff looks more pleasing to the eye.

2. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Tectite is expensive and a right faff to undo. Hep or Speedfit is the way to go.

3. GKU

GKU New Member

I use Speedfit mostly , if you cut the pipe correctly (straight)you won't get any probs , get a proper cutter for cutting the Speedfit (£12) and always use the Speedfit inserts , its a breeze buddy ...

4. screwhard

screwhard New Member

Just remember to use iso valves,and leave access to get at them.It,ll be the Plumber who follows up who cant get at the ********.RIGHT

5. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

NONE The pipe is OK (Speedfit is not flexible) it is the pushfit fitting which is the problem (big problems). Use quality brass compression fitting (like Conex) with appropriate insert.

Before any fool says "I have used pushfit and all are OK", do a search on this forum and see the horror stories on push-fit fittings.

6. screwhard

screwhard New Member

NONE The pipe is OK (Speedfit is not
    flexible) it is the pushfit fitting which is the
    problem (big problems). Use quality brass
    compression fitting (like Conex) with appropriate
    insert.

Before any fool says "I have used pushfit and all are
    OK", do a search on this forum and see the horror
    stories on push-fit fittings.

Why dont you go away,blitherin idiot

7. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

IGNORE Walter Systems.

HE speaks drivel - just search this forum and see the horror stories HE MAKES UP!

All fittings are to BS and 100% reliable when used correctly.

8. GKU

GKU New Member

Very well put HOTDOG , as you say - "When used correctly" - that is where the problem lies for some people - not doing it correctly!!!

9. Extentlon15

Extentlon15 New Member

What the hell do you know about plumbing press16. Your a tiler - the dumbest of all and not even a trade for christ sake. Water systems would run rings round both of you.

10. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

NONE The pipe is OK (Speedfit is not
    flexible) it is the pushfit fitting which is the
    problem (big problems). Use quality brass
    compression fitting (like Conex) with appropriate
    insert.

Before any fool says "I have used pushfit and all
    are
    OK", do a search on this forum and see the horror
    stories on push-fit fittings.

Why dont you go away,blitherin idiot

Oh the Cowboys are at it!!

11. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

Very well put HOTDOG , as you say - "When used
    correctly" - that is where the problem lies
    for some people - not doing it correctly!!!

Don't kid yourselves. Pushfit fittings fail for no apparent reason at times. Then a an open end with full bores gush and the ceiling down.

Avoid pushfit. Do a search on this forum for horror stories.

12. GKU

GKU New Member

Once again , you are wrong buddy , actually , I am a Plumber by trade (which you clearly ain't), also I have been trained in Tiling many years ago , and I don't think many of the tilers will take too well to your foolish comments about them - you really are at the bottom of the scale buddy , If I was you , I would'nt bother trying either trades , I doubt very much if you will be capable of doing them , well at least doing them properly anyway , but you will be good at mouthing off purile abuse to your customers though , and on another thread you claim to be "Watersystems" - like him or loathe him - you just have'nt got the brains to be him ....TROLL ALERT - DO NOT FEED , TROLL ALERT - DO NOT FEED

13. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

Avoid pushfit fitting Bad news my man!

14. screwhard

screwhard New Member

TROLL AL??????????????? FEED

15. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

ALL plumbing fittings can fail when used incorrectly. Compression, solder, threaded, push fit etc.

Fit them correctly and they are all fine too.

16. Avoid pushfit fitting Bad news my man!

Avoid Water Systems advice Bad news my man!

17. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

We use JG Speedfit all the time on loads of new builds etc....Their stuff is not the cheapest but it's the best, never ever had a problem with it.........If you are careful when you install it you'll not have a problem.

Golden Rules:
    Use cutters to cut the pipe, never a hack saw.
    Use the correct inserts.
    Check the fittings are complete with O ring & grab ring in the correct order.
    Of course follow the manufacturers instruction to the letter!!!

DON'T use compression fittings on PEX multilayer pipe like JG etc - where possible, as the olive can sheer the outer skin of the pipe. Most other countries in Europe & indeed in the US, they only use a split olives to hold the pipe & the seal is on the insert.

18. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

Todger, push fit is just plain bad. I just don't believe you when you said you haven't had problems. Do you pressure test it? If not, then a sprinker system in 5 years time.

All plastic makers say their pipes can use compression joints and they sate what sort of olives to sue: coper or brass.

Plastic is used on sites because the Pikeys steal the copper.

Best avoid the stuff completely, and only use when you need to thread the stuff.

19. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

As you can see Wayne, most of the pros use Speedfit....Just ignore Water Systems(aka Dr Drivel), he has mental health problems.

20. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Best avoid the stuff completely, and only use when
    you need to thread the stuff.

Is it OK then for it to leak everywhere in that instance then WS?