Which tools to vent a TUMBLE DRYER please

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by JOE111, Nov 15, 2005.

  1. JOE111

    JOE111 New Member

    I am intending to vent my tumble dryer, out through my kitchen wall (using a kit from here) . I have a hammer drill, but could someone please tell me what I need to make a 122mm hole.
  2. britishblue

    britishblue New Member

    Either a hammer and chisel, or if you want a neat hole you will need a core drill. They are expensive and for that size you must use a drill with a clutch, otherwise if the drill jams, you could end up with a broken wrist. If this a one off, your best bet is to hire the drill and cutter from a toolhire shop.

  3. JOE111

    JOE111 New Member

    Thanks for the quick reply. Think I will go with the hammer and chissel, sounds safer.
  4. Ghost-1

    Ghost-1 Active Member

    Drill a series of holes all around 1st, gradually going up in drill size..........then hammer/chisel:)
  5. Boxer Red

    Boxer Red New Member

    I agree with ghost-1, pencil round the flexy pipe to go the wall. Drill through the center of circle straight the wall to the outside. Using a shorter drill bit, drill around the pencil line and knock out the inside wall. Now go outside and do the same. You now have a hole that goes all the way through both walls. Any damage to the outer skin wall will be covered up by the vent cover.

Share This Page