Which worktop jig for a 10mm mitre?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Richard_, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Richard_

Richard_ New Member

Which worktop jig would you recommend 10mm mitres for square edged worktops?

I see Unika have an all singing multi-surface jig to do both shallow and deep cuts. http://www.unikainnovation.co.uk/?page_id=10874

I spoke to Routing jigs who have one in the pipeline, but not yet :(

The contact page on Axminster's website boasts of "knowledgeable and friendly team of Experts". The chap simply thumbed through their catalogue and didn't understand the question. Underwhelming.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

I just use biscuit jointer or router with suitable bit for cutting slots in worktop.

3. Richard_

Richard_ New Member

They can't be directly butted because they usually have a tiny bevel on the corner, a smaller 10mm mitre gets rid of that.

4. Richard_

Richard_ New Member

5. sospan

sospan Well-Known Member

if you just want a 10mm deep masons mitre, I would cut it mainly by power tool and the rest by hand

6. Scott Green

Scott Green New Member

I use the unika jig in the link. Available from toolstation. Never had any issues with it

CGN likes this.
  7. kitfit1

kitfit1 Well-Known Member

:eek: You obviously don't do it for a living...............i hope.

8. kitfit1

Yep use the same jig myself. I did buy the contract one as well a couple of months ago because Toolstation had it on offer for £35 at the time................a cheep handy backup in case it's ever needed.

9. sospan

sospan Well-Known Member

Year and years of experience doing it for a living and can do it very well. If you can't cut a masons mitre without using a jig, it is a pretty poor show

especially one that is only 10mm deep like the op wanted

10. kitfit1

Don't be so stupid. If you do it for a living, are you telling me you cut Acrylic be hand ? i don't think so. If you do Acrylic you have to use a router and endless different jigs. If you have a router and all those jigs, why on earth would you waste your time cutting anything by hand ?

11. Richard_

Richard_ New Member

12. CGN

CGN Well-Known Member

Unika from TS.

13. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Active Member

Just pop a bit of 18mm board behind the pin on a standard jig.

14. seen it all before

seen it all before Active Member