White grout that stays white? Any and all options welcome!

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Rystar00, Dec 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Rystar00

Rystar00 Member

Hi all,

I'm looking for a white grout that stays white (within reason) for some floor tiles we want to have laid.

I have heard about epoxy grout, but I've also heard that it's mega expensive!

What is the price of epoxy grout in comparison to normal grout please? Are there any other options we could consider?

Thanks very much in advance

Ryan

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Have you got white floor tiles?

3. Rystar00

Rystar00 Member

Sorry yes should have said! We have chosen white floor tiles. Anything dark will look a bit wrong so keen to get something if possible that stays white but isn't 5 times the price of normal grout!

4. seen it all before

seen it all before Active Member

I'm sorry there isn't such a thing as white grout that stays white on a floor, it's just a myth. Within a couple of months the main areas you walk on etc will be a pale grey/white and closer to the walls where there is minimum traffic will look slightly whiter..

5. But epoxy is certainly your best bet, and would make sense if you really insist on going 'white' for the grout.

And, when it does become dirty, it'll be much easier to clean.

Are you absolutely sure, tho', that a nice charcoal grey wouldn't look awesome..?

6. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

Or Black

7. Ok, then, pale black.