White plaster?

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by john181819, May 29, 2024.

1. john181819

john181819 New Member

Hi guys,

just checking , I have a white render mix but it is not mixing into a white colour. Can I add paint into the mix?
    Is there any way possible to make a render mix white white?

i have the sand, white cement, lime etc but still not as white as I’d like more of a buff colour

Any help very appreciated

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Probably dry a much lighter shade.

3. Bobisnotabuilder

Bobisnotabuilder New Member

which brand are you using?

4. BrandonLewis

BrandonLewis New Member

To achieve a purer white color in your render mix, adding white paint can be a viable solution, though it requires some caution. Start by conducting small-scale tests to determine the ideal ratio of paint to your existing mix, ensuring thorough mixing for consistency. Opt for high-quality exterior-grade white paint to maintain durability and longevity. Gradually incorporate the paint into the mix, testing until the desired shade is achieved, while being mindful not to compromise the integrity of the render. Once satisfied, apply the modified mix following standard procedures, and consider applying a suitable sealant or finish for added protection. Keep in mind that achieving a completely pure white may be challenging due to the influence of base materials and environmental factors, so consulting with a rendering professional for tailored advice could be beneficial.