Who fits kitchens on their own?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by exeterman, Oct 3, 2015.

1. johnny1

johnny1 Member

With the 4 meter on the units and mite cut why would you need to lift it any where as I simply moved it around and propped it up to cut the sink or whatever out..

Hardest job was 4 meter X 1220 splash backs and cutting sockets out in it or retro fitting that length around cupboards and up into extractor area in one piece ....

2. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

If you were outside lifting that the wind might catch it.

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I'm sorry, I forgot that I was talking to Walter Mitty who can cut perfect mitres upside down, with a jigsaw, with the units already fitted.
    Jog on idiot.

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

What happens? :(

5. johnny1

johnny1 Member

Chippie..

Please understand this and the joints is how I operate and fit kitchens.. I m not some idiot spouting off .

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I can't suspend my belief that much.
    Video yourself doing said joint and post it and we might say "Oooh that's good" till then you're a fantasist.
    Believe me there have been loads of folk on here making all sorts of claims about how good they were and they have all been caught out.

7. johnny1

johnny1 Member

Sorry you find it hard to believe...

I assume you scribe fillers to the walls and kickbacks to floors before cutting with an upside down jigsaw and I just treat worktops the same and all it takes is a steady hand to cut a joint... it really is very quick and easy ...

8. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Hudson springs to mind .....

Wasn't he a "bathroom fitter" until you rumbled him Chips and found photos of all "his work" on the web :p

Must say those threads really made me laugh and he deserved to be exposed as a fraud - good detective work there Chips ;)

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I didn't believe a word Hudson said but it was someone else who recognised that photo's he was posting as his work had been copied off the web.
    And I wouldn't let it lie. :p:p

10. madhatter1uk

madhatter1uk Screwfix Select

You should see the mess of a kitchen that Ikea supplied. It would take four to sort that out

11. johnny1

johnny1 Member

you ll sort it..

cant be as bad as the big pile of cut chipboard I d get and had to assemble as bedroom units...

12. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

johnny1 said:
    I won't go into detail but the statistics over the years of what happens to one man fitters pushed to the limit constantly Is very shocking
    He joins Screwfix forums and starts rattling on about how he cuts w/top joints by hand and lifts 4m+ lengths of w/top with one finger whilst simultaneously cutting out the sink/ hob cutout with a Stanley knife, in minutes. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

13. johnny1

johnny1 Member

just normal to me what I ve spoken of , just the daily hum drum for many years...

you can do anything with a positive attitude and a bit of skill, and plenty of ibuprofen to free up a stiff healthy body in the mornings !

One sunday working I remember standing on a "horse nail" and it popping through my boot and before I got my weight off it the damage was done as it pushed muck into my foot and stopped at the bone.. I went to A&E where they cleaned it out and I was back at work in 3 hours staying late into the evening to finish and get on my job the next day..

Not sure why people find things so difficult to believe as like I say its all I know of kitchen fitting.

14. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p Only 3 hours in A&E :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

15. One red wall

One red wall New Member

its a common known scientifically proved fact that if you put one man in a room with a closed door after twenty minutes he will probably start masturbating. Taking that into account and your statement that you regularly fitted kitchens by your self it's quite obvious that you are a complete wankero_O

chippie244 likes this.
  16. madhatter1uk

madhatter1uk Screwfix Select

I won't, I'm not that stupid, I never went near it. And I mean that. System makes no sense to me. A system with no adjustment what so ever