Who pays for a plumber's 'warranty'?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Sep 3, 2017.

1. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

I have seen where a recall is paid for by the manufacturer including labour, however the standard practice is the tradesman buys at trade prices and charges the customer retail prices and the difference pays for the times where the tradesman needs to replace a warranty part replacement.

Although your contract is with the supplier, the warranty is from the manufacturer so in this case yes correct to contact Grundfos, since it is their guarantee and not the suppliers they can stipulate what you can claim. And also how you can claim. Just like a car warranty they could require you to use their agents to do the work, this could help them work out why the fault is happening. When my car had a leak in the fuel tank I got it replaced by the garage doing the MOT and I had to pay for the replacement, plus the labour, however then Vauxhall realised there was a fault, and there was a recall, I did not get refunded, however when it started to leak a second time by this time my daughter had the car, she got it done FOC in a Vauxhall agency.

I have had it where you need to send them the part and they send you a new one, which is rather useless as you have to have something to do the job of the part while it is being replaced. I have a number of new parts sitting in my garage due to this.

So even if you contact the guy who fitted the pump in the first place, and he returns it to his supplier you could end up with a new pump rather than the money.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  2. Grundfos sent me a brand new Alpha 2L - c/w very courteous service.

Dr Bodgit likes this.
  3. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Now you need another customer that needs a pump!

Deleted member 33931 likes this.