Who said “ Crime doesn’t pay ?”

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by joinerjohn1, Jul 6, 2018.

1. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Heat likes this.
  2. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Agreed.
    RS

3. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

That's British justice in a nut-shell. :(

4. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

I agree that this sticks in the craw.

But Lady justice wears a blindfold. A key principle of justice is the impartiality the blindfold represents.

She also carries scales and a sword. It’s a shame she’s so encumbered because, in this case, she could have done with a free hand to hold her nose too.

5. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Pity Norris's attackers only did half a job.

6. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Surely the Prison Service have a duty of care to ALL prisoners - and if damages have been awarded it could have been because he was not given the protection he was due (it matters not what crime he had committed) by the guards. If that is the case, then it is proper for him to expect recompense, just as any other inmate (or even member of the public!) would be so entitled.

If not it opens doors to all sorts of 'beatings' cultures, which, if the officers wish, could be 'turned a blind eye' to.
    How might you feel if a member of your immediate family was sent to prison, and got beaten up?

The man has been sentenced to the maximum tariff, do we also need to see him physically beaten, regularly, as well? What sort of society does that make us? We could re-introduce the cat o' nine tails, and give every prisoner a daily dose ( just to keep them in order, of course!) - bet Harry would like to do the honours!

btiw2 and chippie244 like this.
  7. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

This above Ladies and Gentlemen is why the world is completely ****ed at the moment.
    All ways defending the wronguns.

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

No, that is called humanity and the u/s on here have a massive lack of it.

9. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Yes, simple because the world has gone mad since the liberal have had their way

10. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

What 'full' job should they have done, and why?

11. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Which 'liberal' is this?

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Not at all, you just lack humanity and empathy for the less fortunate and that is sad.

13. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Welcome back Chippie. I’ve missed your commentaries.

In fairness, I think IIR is saying he lacks humanity and empathy for scumbags. You know what? I think I probably lack that capacity too.

But I can’t argue with Lanc’s eloquent and reasoned comment either.

chippie244 likes this.
  14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Human rights are for all humans regardless of whether you think they deserve it or not.

Lanc and Dr Bodgit like this.
  15. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Who do human rights apply to? All humans.

I can’t disagree. The answer was in the question.

I logically agree that the ruling was correct too. But can you not see how it seems counter to natural justice, to karma?

I suppose rights must be maintained, even when they’re wrongs.

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I do see how it is hard to like but without that who decides what justice is?
    Do you rely on mob rule and lynch parties.
    If the u/s on here were in charge of the judiciary anybody who disagreed with their narrow minded view of what was acceptable would be jailed in Dickensian conditions and I would like to think that we have moved on from that.

Lanc and btiw2 like this.
  17. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Welcome back chippie, I'm with you on this one.

chippie244 likes this.
  18. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Yes, much better to return to 'rule of the strongest', give everyone a gun and let the madmen take over (bit like the USA, I suppose!!).
    We wouldn't need courts or justice, survival of the fittest - sounds great!

Back to the stone age - which is where some on this forum think they still inhabit.

19. They certainly do,they do not accept the outcome of a democratic referendum and try to overthrow it.

20. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Tommy Robinson got targeted in prison, so much so that his brief said in court (when he was desperately pleading for a non-custodial a few years back) that he had to go into solitary and eat dairylea lunchables. He conveniently forgot this when he claimed to have done his time on a proper wing with his head held high not running scared.

Presumably those advocating a free for all inside and zero protection for prisoners will wholeheartedly support the targeting and brutalisation of Tommy Robinson.

I personally detest Robinson and everything he stands for but I expect him to be able to serve his sentence without being attacked.