why called trade counters?

Discussion in 'Screwfix Trade Counters' started by the best (probably), Jul 6, 2008.

1. the best (probably)

the best (probably) New Member

went today ,very quiet two people in queue .great do my order get back in time to watch start of grand prix. WRONG farmer giles wanted to know which boots or wellys were gauranteed for 25 years bearing in mind he must have been 98. next mr just bought a new house .which light fitting would they suggest for kitchen ,lounge, bedroom 1.etc .these are not trade counters they are just argos without stock checker!

2. murrmac

murrmac Member

on Saturdays and Sundays, the trade counters become Argos, but as a tradesman you shouldn't be in Screwfix on a Sunday anyway, you should be resting after having completed your work for the week.

3. the best (probably)

the best (probably) New Member

rest whats that then .oh yes vagily remember ,then wife and kids came along.

4. do you think people should go in to screwfix to ask advice on anything.*

[Edited by: admin]

5. dook

dook New Member

Although there trade counters, none tradesmen still use screwfix. I dont think its wrong that people ask for information and help!

6. Twister

Twister New Member

as stated in other posts, the staff aint trained to be experienced sparkys or plumbers, if they were they wouldnt be working for screwfix earning next to nothing would they, there for when someone comes in asking for help on how to wire in lights, dont you think the first issue is the fact that they clearly dont know what they are doing in the first place. DONT ask how to do something if you aint got a clue in the first place!

7. Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo New Member

shut up stop crying its just a queue, you should have gone upto Red Ditch then you'd see real problems

8. spannerack

spannerack New Member

I'm a keen DIYer. I got the best advice at a Screwfix trade counter. This guy saw me scratching my head and asked if i needed a hand. Told him what i was doing - he introduced himself, told me what to buy. He was a builder - gave me his card and told me to call him if i got stuck and he'd come over and give me a quote for that job, or any other. I've not called him yet... but when I need building work he'll be the first person I'd call.

9. Anybody got a Light

Anybody got a Light New Member

<u>I'm afraid that you be going to a trade counter, being a DIYer they aren't suppose to serve you its the company policy! Thats what the Redcar staff told me anyway</u>

10. VPL

VPL New Member

Allways use merchants unless your an amatuer, however screwfix do have some decent stuff and more often than not have it in stock, hate it when i get stuck behind a whining no hoper who should be getting a pro in anyway.

As for getting advice from anybody who works at screw fix??

Since when would you trust an immigrant, teenager, or woman to give you advice?

11. DewaltÆ User

DewaltÆ User New Member

I had one the other day it did amuse me , I wanted a door viewer for a front door, bought it asked if they had an ideah what sized spade bit I needed (there were no clues on or within the packaging)cos I thought I would buy a new one at the same time, he looked at the catalogue and said the drill bit should be 35-55mm,(quoted the door thickness as a drill size) that was the first and last time I asked anything remotely challenging in a trade centre.

12. imran_

imran_ New Member

I think that's good advice. A 35mm hole in a door will make a great viewer! ;)

13. DewaltÆ User

DewaltÆ User New Member

Nothing in the world would make me tell you it was at the Hemel Hempstead TC, They even had time to find the stuff I required on my last visit even though I interupted a Elastic band fight between staff, and a large group picking on one individual, still who says you shouldnt have fun at work when bored to tears on a sunday, never let work get in the way of anything important thats what I say.

14. B.Boop

B.Boop New Member

VPL - some women know more than men