Why it's OK to bash smokers.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by G Brown, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

When I join my pals on a Friday night at 'The Albion', they all put on their coats and bring their drinks ouside to the lovely garden where they find me smoking my head orf. I'm not sure if they join me for the companionship or for the fresh air - but we have a bloody good laugh together......

Lucia.

2. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

"pals" - plural - bragging again Lucy ? :)

3. Great it's me

Great it's me New Member

When they're 'imaginary', you can have as many as you like.

4. Doonhamer Dan

Doonhamer Dan New Member

Yes it is ok to bash smokers, same as it is ok to bash
    anything you don't agree with.Does that mean that everything you disagree with should be banned.The attitude in this country now seems to be that everything is bad for you,and should be banned.When all the Eastern Europeans come here they must think we're under Soviet rule.I wish I could turn the clock back to the days of busy pubs,no empty shops on the High Street and when everyone wasn't in competition with their friends and neighbours.Life was good.

5. audievo

audievo New Member

aye, beer, smoking, swearing and having a good laugh, thats what pubs were for.
    How long before the beer free pub?

6. There's one by me, it's called 'The Beer-Free Pub' built in the style of a wine bar or summink, I think.

7. Doonhamer Dan

Doonhamer Dan New Member

Are you and the Cap'n the kind of people who go to their smoke free local, spend a fiver a week and think they're supporting their local pub? Traditional pub life is now dead.The older generation sitting in the corner having a pint, a smoke and a game of dominoes is no longer there. The pubs are either empty or full of screaming kids.The people who say their clothes no longer smell of smoke are usually the ones who stink of B.O.

8. audievo

audievo New Member

Yep, tab balanced on the pool table when your taking your shot, the "dart" grip whereby you could hold 2 darts and a Cig in one hand while hitting the big 60 with the other.
    Yep food pubs with kids zone, ***, get your tea in the house before you go out on the drink!
    Nope smoking ban has finished the pub scene I grew up in, and it's sadly missed.

9. loosenup

loosenup Member

I agree audivo.
    I play in a band and have seen the pubs close like one a week , smoking is not good for you fact .. but to be told you cannot do something that you have done for 20 years or so is an infringement on personal rights ( as much as passive smoking is on other who do not ) pubs should have ben given the choice of having a smoking license so that people could choose to have smoking pubs or not , the choice is theirs then . It is ok to bash vegetarians a do gooders who preach about the values of non smoking also .. oh and ex smokers who are worse than any of them .

10. audievo

audievo New Member

Worse,
    You are being told you are not allowed to do something that's legal to buy and legal to consume.
    Like being told you can buy a car but can't drive it in public as it emits harmful fumes.
    I now consider myself a non or ex smoker. It doesn't bother me in the slightest people smoking.
    If people want to smoke, let them, it's bad for you, yep I know and so do they.
    Do we ban sport because of the injuries people suffer, costs the nhs but it's self inflicted.
    Pubs, proper pubs used to be a great night out, now the are all but gone to be replaced by the lloyds food pub inside a shopping mall next to the cinema complex an nandos.
    Me, I don't wanna drink in a shopping centre.

11. audievo

audievo New Member

Oh and how many death certificates state cause of death, passive smoking? None, not one, ever, and no not even Roy castle!

12. Lochy

Lochy New Member

It is fun living in Scotland, you can't drink in the street or smoke in the Pub. So, the streets are full of 'Snoutcasts' standing outside the Pubs smoking their guts out, but they've got to leave their Cig outside, rush into the Pub for a swally & back out again for a Cig!!!...............It's madness!!!

It's the same with Supermarkets, Hospitals, offices...etc.. You walk outside these buildings into the fresh air and you are met by a thick cloud of smoke, as thick as elephant spunk!!

13. Eric Tupperwear

Eric Tupperwear New Member

"When I join my pals on a Friday night at 'The Albion', they all put on their coats and bring their drinks ouside to the lovely garden where they find me smoking my head orf. I'm not sure if they join me for the companionship or for the fresh air - but we have a bloody good laugh together......

Lucia."

Lucia, I think you might find that these people are laughing at you, not withyou. I may be wrong but the sight of a seventeen stone, **** stained, gin swilling, hairy arsed, balding geek in a frock smelling of stale sweat and chips might just be enough to elicit some mirth among your fellow drinkers.

Ps.

What does ouside mean?

14.  ҉ 

҉  New Member

He doesn't smoke, ***.

Damn well smell some cocoa and grow up.

15. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

Lucia, I think you might find that these people are
    laughing at you, not withyou. I may be wrong but the sight of a seventeen stone, **** stained, gin swilling, hairy arsed, balding geek in a frock smelling of stale sweat and chips might just be enough to elicit some mirth among your fellow drinkers........

Eric dear, that's quite the nicest thing that anyone has said to me on this forum. But it's not true that I have a hairy bottom! - I have my bottom waxed every fortnight, whether it needs it or not.....

Lucia.

16. Eric Tupperwear

No problem Lucia. If you didn't whistle you wouldn't know where to wipe your **** - you daft *******.

17. real joiner

real joiner New Member

Not ok to bash smokers! I, like every other smoker have contributed heavily to the economy over decades, and all of a sudden the big shepherd (media) tell me i'm responsible for lots of people dying! BS. burning tobbacco is only one of thousands of things that can trigger cancer. Bash the self rightious sheep who believe that a ban on tobbacco will end all cases of cancer, because the real truth is that anyone with a suseptibility to growing cancerous tumours will still get them and these sheep will be wandering around aimlessly looking for their next crusade. I might be a man outstanding in my field, but I wont be their just because I want to smoke. lol

18. Eric Tupperwear

Why keep blaming sheep for all our woes? I find sheep to be very sociable and great in the sack.

19. real joiner

real joiner New Member

The best thing about political correctness is that I'm no longer the black sheep of the family