Why

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Jan 11, 2018.

1. aren't the u-s cheering on the good news about the UK's massif manufacturing output?

2. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Simple really.

Its nothing more than we expected from Brexit.

Only you as a Remoaners are shocked enough to mention it.

But im sure you'll find something to po po it.

3. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Well if we weren't leaving the EU, the increase would be mahoosively greater!

4. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Oh no it wouldn't, it would be massively lower due to the pound being massively overvalued.

5. Lol, IIR - this is what you honestly expected?! Good lawd.

Anyhoo, it is down to two main factors; the first is the large economic growth in the REST of the world (sadly, not us) with a resultingly increased demand, and the second cause is the weakened pound.

So, yes, it's 'down' to Brexit.

Well done the UK - riding on the world's coat-tails...

6. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

I liked the pound being valuable. I don't have Yen, Kroner or Rupees in my pocket. I have pounds (six of them to be precise).

I dislike other countries thinking the pounds I have are worth less than they were. They have stuff (like food and manufactured goods) that I want to buy. I want them to think my currency is worth something.

Sure, it's great if you're exporting because the other countries pay in a proper currency - not rubbish, monopoly money, pounds.
    The exporter can then buy pounds cheaply with that foreign currency and give the cheap, crapee pounds to the employees.
    Employees' pounds which ultimately have to be converted into dollars or euro to import food.

In fairness - it could have been worse. The dollar has also taken a slide over the last twelve months too, so the pound/dollar rate isn't as bad as would have been had there been a US president with a triple digit IQ.

But the bit I really don't understand is when people tell me the pound was massively overvalued.
    It's sort of saying, British pounds were always rubbish - but it took Brexit to prove* it!

* but probably not proven to JoT's exacting standards.

7. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Do you really like the pound so valuable that it actually harm our businesses which in turn harm's our country. ??

8. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Increased world demand = increased exports, it's how it works, describing it as riding on the world's coat-tails is not only disingenuous, it's a little odd.

9. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Once the Italian banking crisis kicks in, expect a reversal, I wouldn't bet 'long' on the euro.

10. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Euro will be gone before long.

I'll take less than 5 years at evens, anyone else what to estimate a time scale.

11. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Two years max.

12. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

He's bound by these traits, he just can't help himself it's in his nature.

13. HarDeBloodyHarHar

HarDeBloodyHarHar Active Member

Can't help thinking that those that 'launder' their profits into foreign banks so to AVOID tax can't be too happy, the pound being weak.
    Mention no names, of course.

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The u-s giving each other a mutual reach around.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  15. :D It is very very funny to watch.

their posts, I mean...

16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Stop your pining.

17. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

DA I see you've finally used a self portrait as an avi, you're certainly an a***

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Up your bum :)

longboat likes this.
  19. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

It's better to give than receive.

20. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

That depends if you are a sponge or a stone, which one are you?