Will a "Multitool" do this?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by candoabitofmoststuff, Jun 22, 2019.

1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

There is a lot of snobbery around the tools from Lidl / Aldi, for the value and guarantee for non heavy duty use they are far superior than most Titan (except SDS) / Erbauer kit. I have some corded multi tools from LIDL some 8 years on they are still going strong. I have a Fein multi cutter that cost 15 times as much as the LIDL one and the only reason I had to buy it was the vibration was too much for the pins in my hands

Aldi sells a sliding Mitre Saw and stand for £140 with a 5 year warranty, so if I was doing general work on site do I take one of those or my £1,100 Bosch ?

Plenty of guys on here use the tools for Aldi / Lidl as back up for the main brands they use day in day out

2. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

Well it all went very well.
    I used up the blade that came with the erbauer unit, hitting the concrete... used another one of the "cheap" erbauer blades and got most of the work done in less than 15 mins.
    Picture below shows about half of what I've done.
    I'll be taking the Bosch blade back as I don't need it. (No doubt I'll want it sometime in the future, but right now I can make better use of the best part of £20!)
    Thanks again folks,
    Regards,
    Cando
    JobDone.jpg

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I got a flyer for some Worx ones tonight

upload_2019-6-24_20-10-45.png