Will you??????????????

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Astramax, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Probably the Orient Express! :D

2. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

Deleted member 11267 do you not think the old guy deserves some credit for not having a chauffeur on the pay roll

DIY womble likes this.
  3. RolandK

RolandK Screwfix Select

Not necessarily. When my BMW 330D went in for body work a while my courtesy car was a Merc S Class. Mind you wasn't too keen on it!

4. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I had a Maestro van as a courtesy van once.

It only had third gear.

Made my Suzuki Carry feel like a Bentley

5. RolandK

RolandK Screwfix Select

Like a car I was loaned by a dealer once as mine was in for servicing. A fluorescent green VW polo with next to no brakes. More of 'discourtesy' car.

goldenboy likes this.
  6. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

Surely you don't think there aren't several on the payroll anyway? This is just him 'showing us the stuff he's made of'!

7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Even the Royals are making cutbacks in these times of austerity.

8. Nobody seems to have informed the dim one and the yact girl.They are spending millions of our money on property and property renovations.
    The burger flipper is also spending what must hundreds of thousands of our money on clothes.

9. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

10. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Second caption would read, 'Tell me Mrs May why are you dressed as the court Jester' ?

11. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

None of that would have happened. SO14, the Royal Protection Squad were in the vehicle when it happened and probably in a second vehicle. They have control of the scene and hence the statement later on that day that an investigation will be carried out at a future date. Internal statements and video footage will be taken and an internal review and will be held by an independent body before Norfolk Police get any information.

12. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

When the crash happened it was witnessed by an oldish bearded cyclist gentleman. He was the chap that pulled the duke out through the roof of the car. He said in interviews with the BBC and other tv stations that the duke was in the car on his own.

13. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Sometimes what is reported on the news isn't necessarily correct. Just like a few days later the DoE was allegedly driving on the Sandringham estate without a seat belt and was "spklen" to by "police". Since the majority of the estate is private property it isn't an offence much like you can ride a motorbike on private land without a helmet.

14. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Is Sandringham private, or is it publicly owned. :)

15. It is deemed private but was purchased with money sponged off the British taxpayer.

It was bought by albert saxe-coburg for one of the inbred offspring he spawned with his first cousin victoria the money being gleaned from britain.

It has then been passed down the line with the taxpayers footing the bills ever since.In reality it should be public, as it was the taxpayers money used to buy it and pay for it's upkeep since.

16. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

You don’t know what your talking about. The royals work harder longer hours than you’ll ever work in 2 lifetimes. The revenue the royal family bring in through tourism alone makes them worth while. That with the charity work makes them an invaluable asset to the UK.
    Your problem is your just a jealous republican.
    Unfortunately, because tax payers money is invested in a an individual and her family, the lefties cant see the value of Royalty past their foaming hatred of privilege.
    There is nothing more exhausting then arguing with a leftie!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    longboat likes this.
  17. I would suggest you do a bit of research and you will find the tourism bit is a load of nonsense.

The so called charity work is an excuse for a free knees up.

They cost of them to this country an absolute fortune.

I may be Republican but not a leftie,so carry on with your cap doffing, forelock tugging, lickspittle behaviour.

18. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

The only honest thing you posted in that reply.

19. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

Deleted member 11267 I have sympathy with some of your sentiments and I do not agree with the wider royal family sponging off the state, but I would say that the immediate Royals more than pay their way even if they didn’t pay a penny in taxes, our immediate Royal Family are the envy of the free world and long may that last, the tourism they bring in is enormous, and it won’t wash that these people just come to see the castles & palaces, along side these palaces & castles we have a living Monarchy that dates back hundreds of years, we have the complete package as far as tourists are concerned.

I am not quite sure Deleted member 11267 if your beef is with the Royal individuals or the system that keeps them here, I suspects it may be the individuals as you refer to them as parasites, could I just ask you if you had been born Prince Deleted member 11267 the 1st would you have packed it all in on principle & entered the building game, just wondered

20. Jimmycloutnail

Jimmycloutnail Screwfix Select

Think the tourism thing is a red herring personally. London has fewer visitors that Paris, and you know wha happened to the monarchy over there!!