Will you??????????????

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Astramax, Jan 18, 2019.

1. To be honest I have not read it myself,just looked at the headlines and have not seen the game of thrones.

2. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

Estimated to be 13,000??? Shameful.
    I doubt your £350 million saving per year that you claim would solve that.
    But we'll be saving £350 million per week when we leave the eu so their is hope for the homeless veterans.
    You need to consider a much more pragmatic approach.
    That doesn't involve abolishing the monarchy.

Like overseas aid.
    Why don't you target that instead?
    Currently about £14 billion per year.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  3. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Any one of those suggestions would probably be countered by a pointy finger with a slur of racist on the end of it.
    And we all know that isn't (within their own circles) a good look for a hypocrite.

Gringo28 likes this.
  4. I totally agree overseas aid should be abolished,which I have mentioned in other threads.
    This thread was about the preferential treatment of phil the greek and I advocated to abolish the lot of them.

5. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

No, this thread was about the perceived preferential treatment of Phil the Greek.
    Can you explain how he has been treated diffently to what anyone else may have been in the same circumstances?

6. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

Yeah it will save you a fortune.
    Like about 6 quid per year.:D

7. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Do you think the police would just " speak to you" if you were driving without a seatbelt Longs ? I'm sure you or I would get a ticket. ;);)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46935721

8. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

But that's spent on people like us.... Millions of pounds worth of tradesmen's jobs and employment in my book.

longboat likes this.
  9. RolandK

RolandK Screwfix Select

Spot on! Many projects are too readily branded as a waste of money (which some really are) but the work they generate and the taxes paid are ignored. All helps to grease the wheels. So does the income tax and VAT voluntarily paid by the monarchy.

Last summer took some visitors up to London including Buck House being visited by hoards of tourists all spending money. I don't think they would have been there if the place had been converted to luxury apartments.

10. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Yes, we 'probably' would receive a fine if stopped by the police for not wearing a seat belt.
    He wasn't stopped by the police.

A spokeswoman for the Norfolk Constabulary said the force was aware of the photographs and had spoken to the driver.

"This is in line with our standard response when being made aware of such images showing this type of offence," she said.

11. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Screwfix Select

When my mother lived with me for 3 years she asked about getting her driving licence back every 10 minutes. I got her to fill in a form (which I threw in the bin) and told her the DVLA were still processing it. Eventually she would call the DVLA and they would say they couldn’t find the form, so we would start the process again.