Window fitters.Patio window

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Wayners, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

My seal has gone in large sliding patio door installed in 1993.
    I can't get the right side bead out because it's behind the the fixed side glass looking from inside (just a naff design)
    Was advised to take fixed right side glass out to gain access to bead, but I think I can lower the runner down and simply lift the sliding door out? Replace glass unit then lift door back in.
    Am I correct. Have tried from the outside and door lifts off buy not enough movement to take out with runner jacked up....
    Thanks for help

2. ginger tuffs

ginger tuffs Screwfix Select

lower wheels and lift out but first check if their is a anti lift block fitted

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Ok. Not heard of a anti lift block but I'll investigate. I have lifted it off runner but not enough space to get it over runner. I was thinking I'll lower it with adjustment. Just wanted you check my plan was sound

4. ginger tuffs

ginger tuffs Screwfix Select

if you have lowered wheels you may need a paint scraper to lift wheels over track due to settlement but watch feet as it comes out all of a sudden

Wayners likes this.