Window Installers Making Good Responsibilities

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Dan MMMMM, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Dan MMMMM

Dan MMMMM New Member

I’ve recently had some windows fitted really badly (they’re coming back to sort) but I’m having a row over the damage done when they removed the old windows (a service I paid an extra £70 for). It’s been done very clumsily and I’d say caused more than £70 worth of damage.

The ‘finished’ window floats in the middle of a smashed wall on expandable foam. It looks awful. I’m working with a project manager who rather pathetically and unhelpful in front of the installers said ‘weeeeell it’s not their responsibility to fix the mess and there’s always damage in these cases’ and I’d need to pay a builder to fix it.

is this normal practice or is both my project manager and the installers talking ****?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  2. ginger tuffs

ginger tuffs Screwfix Select

How do you get old window out when it’s render in normal practice to remove render and make good after

Dan MMMMM likes this.
  3. Dan MMMMM

Dan MMMMM New Member

Thanks mate

ginger tuffs likes this.
  4. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

It should be clear in the contract who is responsible to make good. What does yours say?

5. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

What a horrible mess. It could have been done with more care, but render is always going to get damaged if the old windows are rendered in. This should be identified on the contract as stevie says. I suspect if the contract doesn't mention making good, it may be difficult to get the window company to sort. It might be worth trying sending that photo to the MD of the company and asking if they are happy that this is how the window is left, and advise that you will be posting reviews with photos on social media.