Wipeable Paint for Laundry Cupboard

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by DanielQ, Apr 17, 2019 at 11:31 AM.

1. DanielQ

DanielQ Member

Can you please recommend a good paint for the interior of a laundry cupboard? It is made out of MR MDF.

I would like to be able to use a wet cloth to wipe it. Also it would be good to add an extra layer of protection for high humidity.

I'm currently using Johnstone Aqua Water Based Satin for the skirting, doors, etc.

Thank you

2. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Well-Known Member

Rather slow here on the replies so I will add my diy mutterings for now.... see what the pros suggest later (perhaps)

Guess were not talking 'sauna room' amounts of steam/humidity here so you've got a choice of paints that will resist high humidity....but ...... what kind of levels are you talking about here and a 'laundry cupboard', what exactly is this ?

If you're really looking at high humidity, have you considered fitting an extractor fan, vented outside if possible as you want to avoid damp and condensation from forming which may well cause damage to the structure

Anyway, paint to resist (high) humidity and be wipeable;

Acrylic Eggshell Paint (hardwearing and washable)
    Kitchen or Bathroom Paints (which are designed for this very purpose, resist steam, stains and washable) Look at Dulux Easy Care Range, Kitchen / Bathroom
    Zinnser Perma White (all the above and especially resistant against mould forming on surface due to damp/humidity)

Important to follow all prep stages as recommended on chosen product and consideration given that your painting onto MDF, so a primer may well be needed first, check instructions

See what others suggest :)

3. Muzungu

Muzungu Active Member