Wiring for 3 lights turned on by 1 switch

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Dan Wright, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Dan Wright

Dan Wright New Member

So should I be going down Pollowicks route of using a junction box as I want to keep my options open as to the light fixings that will be used? Sparkielev, I can't quite work out how to configure your suggestion of joining neutrals together in a wago or connector block. Is this method not appropriate if I want to keep the light fixing options open?

If going down the junction box route, is my current schematic configuration (see attachment) not ideal and needs tweaking?

Attached Files:

2. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

It’s functionally correct.
    Not sure why you gave the switched live wires as blue with brown sleeves. The cable will be brown and blue, do the swl should be the brown! (Sorry just noticed that Bazza-Spark has mentioned this).
    Not sure where you plan to have the junction. Is this going to be accessible?

3. Dan Wright

Dan Wright New Member

Yes, sorry needed to update the schematic with correct colours. Latest attachment is updated. The junction won't be accessible.

Attached Files:

4. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Then you absolutely must use a maintenance free junction box. Such as the Ashley, as mentioned a couple of months ago in this thread.