Wiring query?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by P.T., Jun 7, 2021.

1. P.T.

P.T. New Member

So can a fan with integrated pull cord and timer work independantly from the light switch or not?

Do i have to buy a timer only fan?

2. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

I would have thought a fan with integrated pull cord and timer could only work independently from the light switch.

3. P.T.

P.T. New Member

The light turns on, then the pull cord on the fan has to be pulled also.
    What i'm trying to achieve is just turning on the light and the fan activates on timer

4. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

You need to link the light switch to the innards of the fan, so might be possible if it comes apart and you can wire it up safely. But I would reckon not.

5. The Happy Builder

The Happy Builder Screwfix Select

Some can like some of the Greenbrook fans, but not this one you have bought according to the wiring diagram you have posted.

6. The Happy Builder

The Happy Builder Screwfix Select

This CALM 100 ST is fitted with a built-in pull cord mounted at the bottom of the fan. It is also fitted with a run-on timer. A small knob is mounted inside the fan can be used to adjust the run on time from 2 to 30 minutes. The electrical supply is normally provided from your household lighting circuit and the fan will require simple live & neutral connections.

Please ensure that you are a competent person or consult a qualified electrician for any advise required.

Simply pull the cord to activate the fan. A second pull on the cord will activate the run-on timer and the fan will continue to run for the preset time and then switch off.

https://www.blauberg.co.uk/en/blaub...om-extractor-fan-100mm-chrome-pull-cord-timer