Wonky walls or bad tiling?

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Firsttimereno21, Jul 22, 2022.

1. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Screwfix Select

Under contract law he needs to put you in the position you would be in had he performed the contract correctly. This means you deduct all the costs of rectifying the work, getting somebody else to finish off, removing tiles, buying new tiles, etc, even if this means he ends up owing you money. In theory he is first given the opportunity to fix the mess himself, but this may not be realistic.

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Then he’s tekken t’pis. By the time you factor in getting someone else to do it he’ll have nothing from the job, but that’s his fault.

Kingscurate and longboat like this.
  3. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Screwfix Select

Jesus ! 3 and 5 hour working days! I feel guilty if I stop for lunch if I’ve quoted a specific number of days. :D

Kingscurate and Astramax like this.
  4. robertpstubbs

The customer shouldn’t care about how many hours he works each day. All she needs to care about is whether he did the agreed work within the agreed timescale.

Astramax likes this.
  5. Ind spark

Ind spark Screwfix Select

I've never seen tiling that bad in my life, I hope you havnt paid.

When I had my bathroom done in my old house the bloke was working till about 7 on the night, it was getting to the point where we wanted him to go early so we could eat lol.

But he did a good job and I wouldn't of minded if he was leaving at 1 each day.

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Nothing to do with the walls tos ser can't even cut 2 tiles to match each other. The whole job is an insult to you and genuine decent dedicated tradesmen.

Needs a swift kick up the arris with a size 10 to send him into orbit and off site.

longboat likes this.
  7. koolpc

koolpc Screwfix Select

Dont have him back. Just dont!

Astramax likes this.
  8. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

For some reason when I look at those photos I hear this jingle in my head.
    'Checkatrate, Checkatrade.com'.

JimTiler and Astramax like this.
  9. JimTiler

JimTiler Active Member

“She” “he” ?

10. koolpc

koolpc Screwfix Select

Maybe the 'tiler' should have gone to specsavers!

11. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

That's the trouble, he did.

12. robertpstubbs

The customer (OP) identifies herself as female:

She refers to the alleged tiler as "he".

You identify yourself as male ( avatar_male_m.png ) and I'm not looking for proof.

13. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

You can't identify as male or female these days.....just as a 'person'. :confused: