Wood Cutting Blade for 4" Angle Grinder

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Axel, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Axel

Axel New Member

Hi,

Is there such a thing as a wood cutting blade that will fit a 4" angle grinder? I have seen the Bosch all rounder tool with an all purpose blade, but I already have a 4" angle grinder that I rarely use and wonder if I can get a similar blade that will fit the spindle.

Axel

2. Guest

[Edited by: admin]

3. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

It would be extremely dangerous and liable to kick back violently. The Multipurpose tools ( like the Fein) oscillate they do not spin at high speed.

4. There are now multi purpose diamond blades that will cut timber, however as far as I know they are only for 4"1/2 angle grinders.

5. Guest

I only put up ONE WORD and i've been zapped twice

6. Axel

Axel New Member

I will check the size, it could be 4 1/2". Can you tell me where to find one?

Axel

7. agency worker

agency worker New Member

Hi! "NEVER" put a wood blade in a angle grinder."YOU" have be warned!!!!!

8. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

Unbelievably, there is such a thing. Very popular in the States with woodcarvers. Here's a UK supplier of one such beast

Great for losing the odd finger etc

9. audievo

audievo New Member

Yep, it is quite a lethal beast, I know I used to use one.
    Blades

You can get a proper undercut saw too
    Safer but not cheap!

10. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

I have used one of these on occasion, but hold on tight,

what is it for ?

11. big all

big all Screwfix Select

a member off the diy not forum was killed by such a "conversion "when it got away from him and cut deep into his neck

big all

12. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Very very dangerous!

13. If you chose to go with this dangerous practice after reading Audi's link you must be barmy.

14. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

Too late... Admin have deleted the links,,,, Even though Screwfox don't sell anything like them.

15. dunc dunc

dunc dunc New Member

Most biscuit jointers have the kind of blade you are looking for. In fact the jointer itself is often mcuh the same as a grinder.

16. big all

big all Screwfix Select

17. audievo

audievo New Member

The roberts cutter has a saftey cover, spring loaded, if it jumps off the job it pretty much closes.
    Also the balde rarely comes up against anything that gives it any kick, it flys through nails in skirting and arcs, bits of stone brick etc no problem.

18. Unit 1

Unit 1 Member

If I remember rightly there was a product called Arbor Tec for wood sculpting, I presume you would have to buy the tool though.