woodgrain doors

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by made2fail, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Anyway, my advice would be to get some 1m HIGH doors to fit the 1m deep aperture, better off getting some ready-made louvres(2). Allow more air into 'airing' cupboard.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Clutching at the smallest of straws here Andy.
    Depth and thickness can be the same but as it would be unreasonable for a door to be 1M thick what is most likely?
    As I keep pointing out only you have brought up this added complication of whether it is measured from the ceiling down or the floor up the OP only mentioned the doors depth.

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Anyway, my advice would be to get some 1m HIGH doors to fit the 1m deep aperture, better off getting some ready-made louvres(2). Allow more air into 'airing' cupboard.

How do you know that his airing cupboard is recessed in 1M? He never said it was 1M deep only that his door was.

4. wuddy

wuddy Member

Mr. HandyAndy - Really [/quote]

yes you are right for once, the op did say depth but i couldnt be arsed reading the original and got it wrong

if he had said height i would assume he ment from the floor which seams to be a good place to measure from

5. Mr. Handyandy

How do you know that his airing cupboard is recessed in 1M? He never said it was 1M deep only that his door was.

You are making it up now. I never said anything about the depth of the cupboard. I said the aperture. You know, the OPENING. The hole in the wall that needs a door. The area to fill the frame. The depth from the ceiling to bottom of frame x the width of the opening from left to right.

It was blatantly obvious to me from the outset(first post) what was meant.

Why must you insist on making a feast of a nibble ?

Open your eyes, AND your mind.

No-one has mentioned ANY recess, especially me.

Wake up.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You said the aperture was 1M deep but you deliberately seem to be ignoring usual usage of terms and as for making a feast from a nibble...........

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You are usually very good at understanding what DIY numpties mean rather than what they say but the OP is an engineer *** and should know and use the correct terminology.

8. Mr. Handyandy

You said the aperture was 1M deep but you deliberately seem to be ignoring usual usage of terms and as for making a feast from a nibble...........

How long does it take ?.....

Aperture:
    1. An man-made opening; usually small
    2. A natural opening in something
    3. A device that controls amount of light admitted

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I know what a hole is and that it has a depth but it's not a door.
    Leave now with as much dignity as you can manage.

10. Mr. Handyandy

I have no regrets at all. I think all the points I made in this thread are valid, and I seem to have understood a lot more than the average contributor.

By the way, I estimate the aperture(opening) to be 895mm deep(top to bottom) and 820mm wide(left to right). Pair of louvre doors off the shelf, perfect.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

That just makes it more likely that you are the OP and this whole post was made up for you to be able to make some stupid point.

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You really are a sad lonely **** Andy