wooton basset bikers run 4 afghan heroes

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by jenros, Mar 12, 2010.

1. jenros

jenros New Member

hi everyone,any bikers on here taking part in the event on sunday? those of you who dont know about it-www.afghan heroes .com on to bikers events, i cant * wait,10,000 plus bikes! gonna be absolutly fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring it on baby,.....

[Edited by: admin]

2. Teuchter

Teuchter New Member

Take care you don't hurt yourselves on them bikes, y'hear?

3. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

Yep Gordon Brown says he's going to keep an eye on this event to try and gauge the public perception of himself and his government.
    Just a pity the only eye he'll keep on this event is the one that doesn't work.
    PS,,, He says to try and use as much fuel as possible,,, to help the expenses,,, sorry economy. ;)

4. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

Nah seriously, It's a great thing they are doing for our brave men out there. Just a real pity that people have to do these things for our soldiers , when the government should be doing more.

5. Ú¶

Ú¶ New Member

Pfffttt.

6. Mr GrimNasty

Mr GrimNasty Active Member

Watch out for danger - like road-side cafes, some of those greasy breakfasts will have you out of action on the bog for a week.

7. jenros

jenros New Member

bikes all polished up n sparkling!helmet cams in place,grubs done and drinks are packed, ready to rock n roll.big gang going from south wales,about 20 of us,were all buzzing,,,,,,,,,,,this will be absolutly fantastic event,just hope we have the weather like we have had today.the thought of all these bikes ooooohhhhh im getting a stiffyy!!!! haha.Have a look on the bbc web page theres a link on there to traffic cams-the m4 will be jammed in all directions,it kicks off at 11.00,but the bikes will be arriving at the airfield at 8.00.the last lot of bikes out off the airfield will be at 4.00pm!,yes it will take time,there will only be two bikes abrest,with quads,trikes, scooters etc.Someone worked it out that the 10,000 plus bikes that are registered will stretch for about 26 MILE LONG.I will let you know how we get on. thanks for your replies.

8. Ú¶

Ú¶ New Member

I reckon about 23, not including the Hammond owned by the guy on the GSSPPFFTTZZZZ-R 125.

9. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

10. G Brown

G Brown New Member

11. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

Cynical me: Bikers don't need much of an excuse to congregate in force. Most of those bikers went along just to be in the company of other bikers.

I'm quite sure that most of them would go on a trek to Our Lady's Shrine at Walsingham for little or no reason.

Lucia

12. G Brown

G Brown New Member

13. jenros

jenros New Member

hi everyone,
    just to let you know how our day went,FANTASTIC!.
    we set off early this morning about 15 of us,the weather was definatly on our side,the roads up to the severn bridge were fairly quiet,after that each entry on to the motorway we were greeted by more n more bikers,(the hairs on the back of my neck are sticking up as im writing this)everything went perfectly,a big thank you to all the organisers,marshalls,even pc plod gang (cant believe i just said that).a big thank you and a warm welcome not just to wooton bassett but to all the small villages that we came through.we were greeted by mums,dads,kids,even a few of the old people homes looked like a few had been brought out side to cheer us on.
    when we finally got into wooton we were met by hundreds of people,must have been very emotional day for any one there who had lost family members,.
    all in all a brill day,got back about 7.00 my sons absolutly knackered now and gone to bed,any one thinks he had run all the way not just sat on the back with the camera!!! ha ha .

14. Ú¶

Ú¶ New Member

I bet seeing all those Japernese bikes made 'em feel dead patriotic, like.

15. jenros

jenros New Member

to J,
    you are a complete cock arnt you??? is that all you have to do is add on different headings? people like YOU are the reason why i dont post on here that often.
    Most people will happily give HELPFUL advise to people,but people like you seem to get a thrill by hi-jacking threads that are put on here,by the look of your postings you seem to spend a lot of time on here SPOUTING meaning less drivvle,ive built up a profile in my head of you,unemployed/unemployable dolie scrounger

16. Mr GrimNasty

Mr GrimNasty Active Member

This profile, was it ogee or torus?

17. Ú¶

Ú¶ New Member

"to J,
    you are a complete ** arnt you??? is that all you have to do is add on different headings? people like YOU are the reason why i dont post on here that often.
    Most people will happily give HELPFUL advise to people,but people like you seem to get a thrill by hi-jacking threads that are put on here,by the look of your postings you seem to spend a lot of time on here SPOUTING meaning less drivvle,ive built up a profile in my head of you,unemployed/unemployable dolie scrounger"

arnt = aunt

Tut-tut.

18. don reed

don reed New Member

drivvle=drivel

19. Ú¶

Ú¶ New Member

t = T
    y = Y
    arnt = aren't
    i = I
    p = P
    h-jacking = hijacking
    meaning less = meaningless
    drivvle = drivel
    ive = I've
    dolie = inflatable lover

20. firestop

firestop New Member

Well said, jenros.
    You certainly hit a nerve there, and now the 'pack' come out to play and their only 'hit-back' is to criticise your spelling!!
    Like you I rarely post on this Screwfix asylum, for exactly the same reason - too many puerile lunatics inhabit this place.
    Also, a quick perusal of any threads show the same names on here all day and every day spouting incoherent rubbish which they feel is so clever.

As I have said previously, why Screwfix allow it to continue is beyond me, unless it's to keep all the idiots at their computers all day so that the rest of us are safe outside!