Worcester 27cdi combi sounds like its always running when off.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Lummo, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Lummo

Lummo New Member

Hi. Please can i get any advice. We have had the above boiler for the last 9 years with no problem. However when it comes to manually switching off it is as though it doesn't actually switch off. As if it stays on really low. The heating dial will be pointed to 0. its churning it's 'normal' noise all night. It also feels to me that the radiators are mildly luke warm. They should be cold surely. Sometimes when it's off it goes quite completely for 30 seconds then fires back up again. It sounds like its running through the pipes and radiators. This is ALL NIGHT.

My partner doesn't notice this and says its normal but it definitely didn't do this for the first several years after installation. Ive read that this can happen but I'm after a list of possible causes or which i cant seem to find in this boiler. Any ideas?

2. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

Easiest way to check is to observe the gas meter. With cooker etc not in use, if the gas meter hands are (or digital readout) moving it’s the boiler. Do that and post results while other comment in the meanwhile.

Lummo likes this.