Worcester 28 Cdi weird noise

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Fr3di, May 1, 2020.

1. Fr3di

Fr3di New Member

Hi,
    I have a problem with my boiler. It is making a very weird humming noise every night, even when it's turned off. It looks like it has something to do with the water pressure - When I closed the water valve the pressure naturally went down, and the humming sound stopped. After opening the water valve, the pressure is rising to the normal level and there is no humming noise, like everything is working fine even for few days and then it starts again during the night. It happens even when the boiler is completely cut off the power supply. Only cutting off the water helps. Does anyone have any idea what is happening and how to fix it?

Here you can find the recording of it:

2. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

Think you’ve got this all wrong.
    The pressure shouldn’t constantly be filling the boiler.
    The pressure should be filled to 1.5 bar max then the filling loop/link turned back off.
    Your pressure keeps dropping because your prv is passing. Your vessel will also need checked.

3. Fr3di

Fr3di New Member

Thx for quick reply,
    That's what I was thinking, but why can the pressure goes up all the time? I moved in to the house few weeks ago, and the pressure was always around 2.5 bar :/

4. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

The pressure would rise excessively due to a faulty expansion vessel.
    The vessel and prv both need checked.