Worcester Bosch green star 2000 installation cost ?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Countryside, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Countryside

Countryside Member

I moved 5 months ago into a retirement bungalow with one bathroom electric shower and 6 small radiators and a hot water tank in the bathroom . The old ideal boiler is 21 years old working fine but not quiet I have permission from my landlord to fit a new combi boiler and remove the old water tank I’ve read the Worcester Bosch green star 2000 is the quietest combi boiler at 43dB this would be ideal in my kitchen Unit in place of my boiler now which has a flu outside just below the guttering ! This boiler is around £700 at travis Perkins etc how much would the boiler and installation cost ?

2. Countryside

Countryside Member

I’m told £1600 to £2000 ?

3. Countryside

Countryside Member

Does it take a day to fit to replace my old boiler and take water cylinder out in bathroom ?

4. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

How long do you think it takes?

5. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

It should take at least a full day.
    Might even be 2 full days.
    Plenty variables.
    If £1600-£2000 is for supply and installation then that’s a great price.
    Could be plenty work involved and you’ll usually need new controls and a magnetic filter. Also a new flue.

6. Countryside

Countryside Member

I’m not sure a day ? Is it a big job to take water tank out ?

7. Countryside

Countryside Member

Thanks Mike for reply

8. Countryside

Countryside Member

Just want a quiet boiler as my lounge next to kitchen so my armchair is just 9 feet from boiler

9. exbg

exbg Screwfix Select

It depends, but it takes a at least an hour too weigh the cylinder on for scrap o_O

Jord86 likes this.
  10. Countryside

Countryside Member

Does the new flu go on roof or same place as one now under guttering ?

11. exbg

exbg Screwfix Select

Is this a retirement complex, and is likely to be your home forever?

Just a word of caution, if that does not sound too condescending:

Does your rental agreement make the LL liable for repairs, maintenance and ongoing replacements? It is probably unlikely that they will pay for a new boiler just because the old one is a bit noisy, and your money is for you to decided how to spend.

If they are responsible for repair and maintenance, do you run the risk of them refusing to pay for future repairs and maintenance as you changed the equipment to non standard? Maintenance and repairs can be expensive, if unlucky

12. exbg

exbg Screwfix Select

Depends on overall factors, particularly clearance to surfaces, windows, doors and openings

13. Countryside

Countryside Member

14. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

Removing the water tank is simple. But you then need to make pipe alterations to eliminate the cylinder circuit from the new set up. This will be a couple hours.
    The system needs to be drained and old boiler removed. Another hour.
    New boiler installed and piped up. 2-6 hours depending on access.
    System filled and flushed then refilled. 2 hours with chemical flush
    Wiring 1 hour.
    Getting all materials and tools on and off site. 1 hour.
    Some jobs like this when seeing the finished article you wonder how it’s taken so long. But boiler changes do take time if done to a decent standard.
    The times above can all be variable. Some jobs are easy and some not so.

Countryside likes this.
  15. Countryside

Countryside Member

I have written permission to change to combi boiler and any alterations to go with it must be done by qualified plumber and up keep of new boiler will be my responsability service etc

16. Countryside

Countryside Member

Worcester Bosch have up to 10 year warranty and service £55 a year so yes I’d pay for that ?

17. Countryside

Countryside Member

18. Countryside

Countryside Member

Thankyou Mike for detailed reply

19. Countryside

Countryside Member

Yes it’s a retirement complex of 33 bungalows and my forever home

20. Countryside

Countryside Member

I know there is expense of new boiler etc I have the money at 21 years old it’s not economical and heating a cylinder for just me is crazy imho as I’ve said I’ve read the Worcester Bosch is the quietest has Best Buy rating and they have sold millions of this model !