Worcester Greenstar Ri Heatings staying on

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by mark singh, Aug 30, 2020.

1. mark singh

mark singh New Member

Hi
    We had a new boiler fitted approx 2yrs ago. Heating has been switched off since lockdown, only used for hot water.
    Last night we switched heating on for an hour on timer using Hive, we realised a few hours later that heating was still on.
    Did a reset with the control knob, no change, turned the temperature flow control down to above min, went to bed, woke up with heating on full blast. Scouring the net I was thinking as the hot water went on for 2hrs In the morning maybe this triggered the heating. Any how turned boiler off ,let rads cool right down, switched boiler back on,made sure heating control via Hive panel was OFF, green light under the on/off switched didn’t turn on (good sign) within 5mins green light came on and boiler powered up and rads started getting warm/hot. Have now turned boiler off again at control knob. Help me please

2. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

Sounds like a zone valve issue.
    It will be fitted next to the pump most likely.
    Pictures will help.

3. mark singh

mark singh New Member

Hi Mike
    So photos of the airing cupboard where water tank is ,not photos of the boiler which is in kitchen? Sorry conplete novice here I'm afraid

4. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

Try get pictures of the pump and zone valves. Zone valves are plastic or metal boxes on the pipework after the pump

5. mark singh

mark singh New Member

6. mark singh

mark singh New Member

lets try again. Hopefully photos will be attached

Attached Files: