work

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by holi, Jan 20, 2010.

1. holi

holi New Member

how is the down turn affecting you tilers ? are you getting many enquiries ,or are you mainly doing commercial work or domestic?

2. all the gear

all the gear New Member

Had a couple of dry spells last summer but pretty much OK. I do 50/50 tiling - plastering and only domestic these days. You can't make a living plastering on site these days unless you want to destroy yourself doing 3 hits a day.
    I'm on south coast, Brighton area.

3. tic tic

tic tic New Member

totally honest here mate

slight downturn but with the amount of course guys out there ***** their jobs up in the domestic (not all them)..am still making a few £££s

last year about 10-15% of my work were redos because of "them" so am hoping and thinking ere that any hits i take these redos will cover me again this year hoping this year will maybe get about 20-25% off my work from.

comercial wise yes thats falling a good bit.

best off.

4. tic tic

tic tic New Member

also with the amount off coursers jumping into all the trades not just this one..i think there will still be a good bit of work out there for all, in the redos...

5. Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo New Member

ELECTRICITY SAFETY QUALITY AND CONTINUITY REGULATIONS 2002 state:

Duty of co-operation
    4. Generators, distributors, suppliers and meter operators shall -

(a) disclose such information to each other as might reasonably be required in order to ensure compliance with these Regulations; and

(b) otherwise co-operate amongst themselves so far as is necessary in order to ensure compliance with these Regulations.

6. Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo New Member

ELECTRICITY SAFETY QUALITY AND CONTINUITY REGULATIONS 2002 state:

Duty of co-operation
    4. Generators, distributors, suppliers and meter operators shall -

(a) disclose such information to each other as might reasonably be required in order to ensure compliance with these Regulations; and

(b) otherwise co-operate amongst themselves so far as is necessary in order to ensure compliance with these Regulations.

7. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Contact plumbers - they are a good source of work for tilers.