Workshop Vac

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Starheliomos, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Starheliomos

Starheliomos Member

Can any of u guys recommend a decent vac for sucking up the sawdust. My current vax is bl**dy useless as the filter gets blocked after 5 mins so have to spend ages cleaning it out.

See some people go for the Henry but i feel if it's got a mickey mouse face on it, it must be a mickey mouse piece of kit.

Is there such a thing as a vac that doesn't use a filter?

Cheers

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You are completely wrong as regards the Henry it is a cracking piece of kit.
    The Dyson doesn't have a filter but wouldn't last the day in a workshop.
    Earlex make a vac sold under their own name and also as Wickes and Machine Mart, does the job but noisy, it is also wet and dry.
    I you can afford to though go for one with a PTO so you can plug your tools in to it and it will start with the tool.

3. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

yep, henry is the fella.............or
    the hetty ;)

4. Starheliomos

Starheliomos Member

Thanks for the comments.

Noticed in a Which? magazine survey they gave a score to the Henry HVR200 of only 38%!

Presume this is just the entry level model.

Can u say which of the other Henry models are good in the workshop?

Thanx

5. fitero

fitero New Member

Saw one in bandq today,cant remember the name but i think its a brand name.Has blow and suck setting,plus wet and dry also has power take off,looked sturdy and cost £65,its black and a very pleasing shape in a strange sort of way.[very strange,me]BTW the henry in there is £95.

6. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Fein extractor for me when I am on the road and linking up to sanders, routers etc in the workshop and a cheapo b+q dedicated for my crosscut in the workshop. Fein is about £180 and worth every penny, tidy job=happy customer=more work=more money

7. gavin-t

gavin-t New Member

I have got a stihl se 61 wet and dry jobbie. I used to have a henry but the motor blew up and the stihl was going cheap (about £70ish i think).
    Only thing i dont like about it is the fact there is no where to wind the cable up on like there is with a henry.

The mrs is getting a hetty at the weekend for the house so i might nick that every now and again!

8. dunc

dunc New Member

The Henry comes with a connector section which is designed to join two lengths of pipe.

this fits into my De Walt router take off point, secured with some gaffa tape.

I have used this method when trimming doors in a bedroom.

The Henry demands respect.

9. two by one

two by one New Member

I think my two most useful bits of kit are my Henry vacumn and my TS55 Track saw. Henry probably gets me more work as clean job=happy clients.