worktop advise. Help

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by david freeman, Mar 4, 2020.

1. david freeman

david freeman New Member

hi. I have just ripped my Kitchen out. floor is back in and unit to. I'm about to fit the worktop sink ect.

issue. the 600mm deep worktop does not fit flush on the wall as there is a pipe that is in the middle of the wall. so there is a wooden batten eitherside that sits across the wall. the old worktop then was glued. fitted to this. hence ripping it all out as the worktop was moving all over the place.

hows best to fit the new worktop to the wall.fit a new batter. how do I then fit the worktop to the batten. ?? I literally do not know how to fit this worktop so it's going to be secure.

HELP??

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Can you post pics ? Worktops are usually screwed from below into base cabinets.

3. david freeman

david freeman New Member

I will send some pics. ok so I. to the bad units which I thought. issue is behind a
    the only unit. 600 size. are all the exposed water pipes. so I can't for the units to the wall. so the previous owner used the batten to essentially extend the worktop to the wall.

4. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Eh ? Is that encrypted ,makes no sense to me at all David !!

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  5. david freeman

david freeman New Member

sorry. bloody phone. I have a 600 unit. normally u would secure that to the wall. but i have all the mains water pipes behind the unit. so there is a 40mm gap from unit to wall. so when I fit the worktop to the unit nothing is fitted to the wall. the previous owners screwed a 40mm by 40mm 2mtrs length of wood to the wall. then the work top to the wood. but it was so bad. all loose ect.

I'm now about to put everything back together but in the same situation.

6. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

You can fit metal brackets base unit to wall ( screwed to both). Angle brackets on underside of worktop ,again screwed to wall and underside of worktop.
    If we had pics, other suggestions could be made.

7. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

End to end encryption Terry. It's the latest Screwfix plan to increase market share and internet presence whilst trying to curtail the dominance of WhatsApp for messaging. It's only let down by a single, fatal flaw - there's no personal messaging.

terrymac likes this.
  8. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Ha Ha !!!