World Cup

Discussion in 'Sport Talk' started by Sparkielev, Jun 24, 2018.

  1. HarDeBloodyHarHar

    HarDeBloodyHarHar Active Member


    Hope it's the same result!!!
     
  2. Sparkielev

    Sparkielev Well-Known Member

    Its gone to penalties again henderson missed again !!
     
  3. joinerjohn1

    joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

    Until our lads came home glowing in the dark. ;););):(;)
     
  4. happy chapper

    happy chapper Member

    Friendly Scot says, got that prediction right.Got a bit nippy in first half of extra time,but responded well. Great result,well done.
     
  5. Pollowick

    Pollowick Well-Known Member

  6. Broon

    Broon Active Member

    Its a good result for England and shows there has been improvement from the last tournament. Plus getting rid of that penalty curse you had at the world cup will help as well.
    I do think Sweden will be a hard game they have played well this tournament.
     
  7. happy chapper

    happy chapper Member

    Friendly Scot says Sweden game to hard to call, could go anyway with a bit of luck maybe ?...fingers crossed .
     
  8. Sparkielev

    Sparkielev Well-Known Member

    Sweden good defense but light up front, reckon be tight but we nick it
     
  9. joinerjohn1

    joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

    I think if England win against Sweden on Saturday, Russia will see them off in the semi final. ( either that or the Novichok ) :p:p:p:p
     
    KIAB likes this.
  10. Sparkielev

    Sparkielev Well-Known Member

    Is novichok their star centre forward ? :)
     
    KIAB and Astramax like this.
  11. Crowsfoot

    Crowsfoot Well-Known Member

    Get passed Sweden and the momentum will carry us past the Semi final and into the final............
    We still have to beat Sweden though!
     
  12. KIAB

    KIAB Well-Known Member

    England win![​IMG]

    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
     
  13. Sparkielev

    Sparkielev Well-Known Member

    Get in there !!!!! CMON ENGERLAND !!!!!!!!!!
     
  14. Sparkielev

    Sparkielev Well-Known Member

    Ikea, Ulrika Johnson, ABBA your boys took one hell of a beating !!
     
  15. Isitreally

    Isitreally Well-Known Member


    Behave, you'll be acussed of racism.
     
  16. Sparkielev

    Sparkielev Well-Known Member

    Ok then VOLVO you took one hell of a beating
     
  17. Pollowick

    Pollowick Well-Known Member

    At least the football in only on once every 4 years and no one can complain about saturation coverage.

    However, Wimbledon - just another annual tennis tournament (unlike other sports - Football, Rugby (Union and League), Cricket &c which have world championships very few years) gets rammed down our throats by the BBC - yesterday it was on 10, yes ten, different BBC TV channels at what cost to us, the licence fee payers.

    Then the tennis organisers complain that the World Cup final is on the same day as their finals - what a pity, perhaps they should have checked first before putting their plans in place. The date of the World cup was defined back in 2010.
     
  18. dobbie

    dobbie Well-Known Member

    We have got saturation coverage of football,it is on the television nearly every single week of the year.
    If they are not showing it they are talking about it.
    Just because it is the world cup,it makes no difference,it is still football blighting television viewing.
     
  19. Pollowick

    Pollowick Well-Known Member

    Can you show how the BBC or ITV has saturation coverage ? Sky Sports, BT Sport, yes, but not on mainstream free to air TV.

    Never have I seen 10 channels dedicated to any other event. And the BBC claims to be short of money and gave up the rights to F1, refuses to bid for cricket &c but spend tens if not hundreds of millions covering one tennis competition.

    To put demand into context - over 89% of the TV audience yesterday afternoon was watching the football, leaving 11% spread across all other channels, BBC2, ITV, Ch4, Ch5, Sky, BT-TV, and the multitude of other channels. So, even if the combined viewing of tennis on BBC2, BBC RB1-6 was say 1/4 of the viewers, it would only be around 2.7% of the total, or less than 1/30th.
     
  20. dobbie

    dobbie Well-Known Member

    I do not know any figures for football on television except any is too much.
    It should be shown on channel on it's own away from ITV and BBC (they could combine in it) with adverts paying for it.
     

Share This Page