worst power tool you've ever bought

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by audi-evo, Sep 29, 2007.

1. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

What useless carp have you bought, used once never to see the light of day again.
    Who has the biggest waste of money in their shed!
    mine,
    black and decker wizzard!!!!!!!
    why??????????????????????????

2. MR BUSY

MR BUSY New Member

Armeg deep core drill. never felt so robbed.
    And i've been mugged.

3. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

it's just you get some posts on here like,
    "i need to cut 1x99p b+q flag, do you think a makita stone cutter would do the job?"
    It seems people spend crazy money on stuff they will only use once, or simply because they don't have one!

4. MR BUSY

MR BUSY New Member

Then i'd be guilty of buying an engine hoist 6 months ago to lift the engine out my midget, when i get time.
    Once out, once in, very cost effective.

5. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Ryobi silicon gun. Too slow, clumsy and awkward.

6. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

did they not have mini 1275cc engines?
    ya don't need a hoist for that lol!

7. chip off the block

chip off the block New Member

15.6v metabo cordless. they made the gear out of balsa wood i think. what a load a toss

8. russ295

russ295 New Member

a b&d 1/3 sheet sander for £17.99.

the sand paper stayed still and my arm just wobbled.

took it back and bought a makita for £50. nice.

russ

9. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

power pro biscuit jointer

i cut four bisciut joints (ie 2 biscuits)

i bought a makita the same morning

10. big all

big all Screwfix Select

Ryobi silicon gun. Too slow, clumsy and awkward.

thanks for the warning
    one less one + tool to be tempted with ;)

big all

11. big all

big all Screwfix Select

these clamps are the worst desighned i ever got
    http://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/DKWK1

the orange faces are plastic on top of 2mm thick metal thats only at the edge with the result you only get support at the edge so you finnish up with tram lines on your clamping blocks

and worst of all they came in a set of six ;)

big all

12. peterob

peterob New Member

That hitach cj110mv jigsaw bought it as soon as it came out looked the part its a bit coarse and it broke after half an hours total use pile of poop

13. lamello

lamello New Member

Festool TS55 is terrible. What a waste of money, cant cut straight, awful finish, dust everywhere, poor quality case. Same with the fein multimaster, no control on it, limited range of accesories etc. Infact if any one has purchased either of these recently dont bother getting a refund or anything, let me know where you are and I will gladly put them in my skip for you.

14. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I love my Festool and my Multimaster !

15. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Lamello - You sound like a case of a bad workman blaming his quality tools .

Anyone who can't use a TS55 or a Multimaster competently must be a right plonker.

16. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Does that make me a top quality craftsman then?

17. lamello

lamello New Member

I threw my TS55 away after the first time I used it I only got halfway thru the first paving slab with it! As for the Multimaster I tried to acurately cut up an 8x4 with it and it wasnt really up to the job. Seriously though these are the two best investments I have ever made. On a cost issue blades wise I understand the new makita copy of the ts55 may have more cost effective blades for it that will fit the Ts55 and the new Bosch copy of the multimasters blades will fit the fein(it says it on the packaging) Axmin ster have the plunge blades on for around £7

18. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

On a brighter note, though not power tools, mrs audi dragged me to b+ wotsit today for some garden type carp, they are selling their predator hand saws for a fiver, got me self a few in various flavours ;)
    the blackcurrant one looks very nice and it even matches one of my t-shirts!

19. uncle albert

uncle albert New Member

erbaur biscuit jointer. utter xxxx. their screw gun is equally tosh. never again.

20. Mr Mike

Mr Mike New Member

I second Big All's comments on Rutland cramps. I bought a set on special offer.....

It's true. Cheap and quality don't come in the same box.