worst power tool you've ever bought

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by audi-evo, Sep 29, 2007.

1. dunc

dunc New Member

I think we've all bought a duff tool along the way.

There is a huge market in deliberately produced cheap duff tools. They appear to have an inspiring purpose, but either prove to be useless or of very poor quality material.

Most seem to be invented as 'tools' which assist in the execution of bodging work. All can be avoided by simply doing the job in an appropriate way.

2. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I'm only a DIYer when it comes to chippying, but don't you think that the older tools were better? I've got a 30 year old Bosch circular saw. I've bought a few blades for it, but it still works well & is accurate enough for me. How many of today's Chinese tools will still be working in 30 years time?

3. Biffo

Biffo Member

i have always used sharksaws to remove windowframes .
    ive paid hundereds for these Makita x 2 hitachi .

Always had problems with poxy grub screw when changing blades .became worn after a while ,most times ending up with new locking collar and screw

i got dragged to ALDIS with dragon about 2 years ago ,I saw powercraft sharksaws easychange blades for sale 19.99 with 3 year guarantee

what the hell i got 2 of these ,ive used this every day ,they do take a hammering ,no problems at all ???

You can put loads of pressure on these ,they just dont stop .
    Only time i get problems is when I cant be arsed to change worn blade and trying to cut through oak cill !!
    the saw gets XXXXing hot

Worst tool is the cordless silicone gun paid over 70 for the delux gun years ago ,tried it once .load of ****.
    its under the stairs with makita/hitachi saws now

4. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

cordless silicone guns sound like theyve made the same impression on more than one person

5. charlie-d

charlie-d New Member

TS55 best kit ever perfect straight cuts every time, plunge facility to. The guide rails are excellent,the whole kit makes easy work of sheet materials. The Fein multimaster is great to if you have lots of floors to lay and also for cutting access into gyproc walls and chipboard floors.