Would you be intrested in this job? (in principle)

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by wooden1, Oct 29, 2010.

1. wooden1

wooden1 New Member

Hi, just wanting your opinions please, I've seen a job advertised paying topline £10/hour+ van & fuel costpowertoolswork clothing+PPE all provided+ holiday/sick pay included (28 days holidays a year). All working on new build. As I've been a subby for the last 15 yrs I don't know PAYE rates. Whats your opinion?- good overall package or not???
    Thanks, M.

2. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Nope!

3. chippie239

chippie239 New Member

Depends where you are based, £10 an hour in London you would be lucky to survive. £10 per hour North West areas is about average.
    Obviously the benefits are very good, so it really depends wether or not you can do better. Very rare to have everything provided nowadays though.

4. dunc dunc

dunc dunc New Member

What are actually doing?

Assuming you get around 400 gross per week, take 25% for taxes etc you take home 300!

rent/mortgage average about 100
    shopping 100
    100 to play with?

I think you would break even at best.

5. zooloo

zooloo New Member

what your describing is the norm, cards in for a trademen with them benefits is circa 22k-26k, your best benefit is the security that comes with cards in.

6. NEEDAJOINTMAN

NEEDAJOINTMAN New Member

when ive seen advert like that (that includes lots of details ie sick pay company car fuel etc etc, i have found some of the posts to be bogus. WHY you say ill tell you i know cos it happened to me few years ago,
    SOME unscruplious agencies will advertise fictcious posts so that you apply for it (even when there is no vacancy for it.) and they then may offer you something completely different. so be cautious. its probably illegal to do what they do spose no one cares. good luck.
    please do bear in mind it could be genuine of course....