Wrong name email

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by robertpstubbs, Oct 19, 2018.

1. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Member

Yesterday I received a Screwfix email apologising for using the wrong first name on an email sent on the 14th. Is it just coincidence that the wrong name they used was my cat’s name?

2. Richard_

Richard_ Active Member

I didn't get an email with the wrong name. But I don't have a cat.

Out of insterest do you use your cat's name in security question on other sites? It could be sophisticated phishing.

KIAB likes this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Prehaps cat has set up a account for forum...:D

DIY womble likes this.
  4. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

Did that mistake upset you Tom?

5. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Member

I don't remember using his name as a password.

The 14th email was entitled "Monty, Your October Deals Have Arrived..." and continued "as a valued Electrifix customer..."

Although I post on the Electricians' Forum and buy electrical items from Screwfix, I don't remember using Electrifix.

The 18th email was entitled "Oops! Something went wrong..." and continued "as the old saying goes, you should measure twice and cut once. Well, it looks as though we should have listened to that advice; you may have received a ´personalised´ email on Sunday which wasn't so personal - in fact it may have had the wrong first name on it!

Please be assured we only mixed up first names, there was no disclosure of anybody's personal data.

Many thanks,
    The Screwfix.com Team"

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  6. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Member

7. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

I worked with a spark who used a ferret to put a line through,so cables could be pulled through under a suspended floor.

8. wiggy

wiggy Well-Known Member

Sounds like Phussy phishing

9. PhilSo

PhilSo Active Member

Perhaps DAllsorts is trying to set up a new account using a back door cat flap.

PhilSo :D