Xmas

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Lectrician, Dec 28, 2013.

1. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your toothache jj - hope you feel better soon mate.

I've only recently felt better after sore ears. So much so haven't felt like any of my home brew!

Cheers
    Fats

2. Ray Retired

Ray Retired Active Member

Xmas & New Year Toothache.. Been there, got the bloody T-shirt :(

Call 111, tell the bored call center worker... >scream< "Arrrrgh...THE Pain..." >Then whimper< "Please help me, I... i really can't take any more!!!!!..." > Hold phone away from mouth to fade voice for dramatic effect< :)

Seriously tho....

Dental emergencies and out-of-hours care can vary from area to area, butt check here... http://www.nhs.uk/ServiceDirectories/Pages/AreaTeamListing.aspx

NHS dental charges from 1 April 2013. Band 1 course of treatment: £18.00

Band 1 covers an examination, diagnosis (eg X-rays), advice on how to prevent future problems, a scale and polish if needed, and application of fluoride varnish or fissure sealant. If you require urgent care, even if your urgent treatment needs more than one appointment to complete, you will only need to pay one Band 1 charge of £18.00

Payment is due on completion of the treatment, so if even if totally broke, tooth pain gets fixed and you forgot your wallet ;) Not as if any dental practise is gonna go bust if they have to wait a few days till you get paid.

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

That's interesting as my wife went to dentist a couple of days ago because of a slight pain in or around a cap, any how a bit of a clean up around the cap, was told it should be ok and to be fair it seems to be, but it cost £42.00?????.

4. Ray Retired

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Ray, having a tooth pulled comes under band 2. £49 (and that's per tooth) unless your an in-patient in hospital (and I'm thankfully not) Perhaps I should have had all of me teeth pulled last year when I was in with the minor stroke I had. :D:D:D:D:D:D

PS It is possible Phil's wife is a private patient (as opposed to NHS) ??

6. Ray Retired

Aye, that'll make more sense JJ. :)

I really should know better than to post while under the influence of opiate analgesics... Meds from last years brain leak (ouchly muchly!). Have made a note to take advantage of the hospital dentist (that sounds so wrong ;)) if I ever have, and survive another SAH :D

7. Phil the Paver

Not private, this was NHS, might get to go get a refund for the over charging. :)

8. joinerjohn1

Quick update, chaps. Missus phoned the emergency dental service this morning for me (as I was at work) only to be told. they will only speak to me and no one else. She explained that I was at work, and was told, "If his toothache is that bad, he shouldn't have gone to work." :eek::eek: WTF?? Do they not think some people in work simply can't afford to take time off ? She explained that I only work part time hours and had waited until today to phone because today is pay day.. Cut no ice with the person on the other end of the bloody phone though, she was adamant that only I can speak with them. Begs the question what a deaf and dumb person has to do if they suffered toothache and got someone to phone on their behalf? (that would be an interesting conversation, probably ask them to text them on a mobile) Anyway, the toothache is held in abeyance with diclofenac and paracetamol tablets until Saturday morning, when I will phone them as soon as they're open.;);)

9. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

did you get the diclofenac on prescription ?

10. mr reflex

mr reflex Member

:eek::D
    jj,

why can't you phone them? don't you take any breaks at all whilst your at work to allow you to phone them instead ?

11. joinerjohn1

Mr Reflex, I do have a break at work (1/2hr , usually from 12.30 till 1) Quite often however, I will work through my break, to complete jobs quicker.
    I'd have thought, that the NHS, were quite used to people phoning them on others behalf though. ;);)

12. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Due to all the data protection stuff these days the only way to get information on someone else's behalf is to pretend you're them. As long as the voice is of the same sex it's usually no problem as long as you know enough details of the person you're pretending to be!

13. joinerjohn1

Cheers Sen,, so,,, I get the missus to phone up , pretending to be me. Then when I go I've only got to speak in a high pitched feminine voice...... Yep,, that'll work. :D:D:D:D:D

14. Phil the Paver

LOL. Our Virgin Media account is in my wife name, but in the past I have phoned, the call centre is in India, they ask for detail and password, all of which I know, then ask to speak to account holder, I said speaking, "no account holders name is Amanda" that's right speaking, it's not my fault my parent called me that, and away we go, much to the amusement of the call centre worker, but it got the problem sorted.

15. joinerjohn1

My partner, has much the same trouble when phoning any of the utility companies. I had to give Severn Trent written permission for her to act/speak on my behalf , when I had an account problem with them last year (direct debit coming out of my bank account every month, but not registering on their system as going to my water bill) Had a similar problem with the local council when we were having problems with the "neighbour from hell". They refused to speak to my partner as the house is wholly in my name. Got that sorted out by going to see the Housing Officer and having her name put on the rent book as well as mine.