Xpelair Extractor won't turn off?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by joanne5, Apr 29, 2019.

1. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

can you turn the switch or see which terminal is what it looks like the wiring is wrong blue in one side and comes out another,

2. joanne5

joanne5 New Member

Sorry just got a sparky over to have a look and he's taking a look so can't get another photo at the moment but I will let you know how it goes

3. spirits are real 2016

he must be your fan club..

4. joanne5

joanne5 New Member

He's a lovely bloke from the neighbourhood I think I am HIS fanclub !

Good news though,your suspicions were right, it was the outside switch and the live and neutral were the wrong way around, whoops.
    Hopefully that's solved the problem it seems to have done so as it's coming on at the right time and going off at the right time...amazing.

I can't thank you all enough for all your suggestions you all hit the nail on the head without even seeing it, I much appreciate your kind help and advice and luckily nobody was electrocuted which is just a bonus

5. spirits are real 2016

glad to hear its all sorted and your back in the rotary club.

6. Ilja

Ilja New Member

Hi everyone

I have identical problem with the same model - C4HTS. No isolator switch is used, light switch only.
    It's working all the time with the lights off and switches itself off within 30 sec.(as per timer set), turning the light on.
    Could you advise on what can be done to solve an issue?

7. David Lewis

David Lewis New Member

Hi there

I have the exact same issue as the original poster. Perhaps the wiring at my isolator switch is also wrong. Attached is a photo.

The original poster’s incorrect wiring across the terminals in the top row and bottom row was (N = neutral, L = live, - = empty)
    NL-L
    L-NL-

My wiring is:
    LL-N
    L-LN-

What’s the correct wiring? If mine looks wrong I’ll get an electrician in. (Please excuse my amateur understanding of this.)

Thank you,
    David

Attached Files: