Yet Another Tiling Estimate!!!

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Jonny Round Boy, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Jonny Round Boy

Jonny Round Boy New Member

I've been asked to design & install a bathroom for a friend (I don't normally do bathrooms, but hey!). I can tile, but find it both mind-numbing & time consuming - I'm not very quick at it - so would be looking to sub it out. I'm just doing an outline estimate, and so need a guide price for fitting the following:

Floor: 300x450 ceramic tile, approx. 5.6m2, plus 100mm high 'skirting' in same tile, approx 9 running metres (existing floor will be ripped up & replaced with 18mm WBP ready for tiling);

Walls: 150x75 ceramic brick tile (laid in brick pattern), 800 high to all walls, 2m high to shower cubicle, total approx 13m2 (walls are all being re-skimmed).

How much would I be looking at for labour, adhesive/grout etc? And how many days? I'm in West Yorkshire.

Thanks in advance!

2. If your not particularly quick, you'll get no change out of 4 days for the tiling, the flooring won't take long, but the wall tiling will take it's time, 13sq/m of 150 x 75mm tiles is the best part of 1200 tiles, and that just plain takes time to get up straight and looking right.

A full week if you're allowing for preparation as well.

Not a great deal of adhesives and consumables, maybe £60-£70 total.

3. Jonny Round Boy

Thanks Mudster, but I think I've not explained correctly - I'm slow, so I don't want to do it. I was asking how much a professional tiler would charge, and how long it would take them - that amount of tiling would drive me insane!!!

4. I'd expect something around £800 - £1000 + vat for the tiling as described.

5. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

I would probably allow a week for this, £1250 + VAT + materials, I only do complete fits though.

6. Jonny Round Boy

Thanks guys.