you need to go out more

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by gib.son, Feb 5, 2012.

1. gib.son

gib.son New Member

thats what the doctor told me,
    during a routine check up the doc asks the normal questions,
    doc, do you smoke?
    gib, no
    doc do you drink ?
    gib, yes,
    doc, how much ?
    gib, eerrrmm  about 6 pints when i go out, ( not true, I usually drink more, but I know what he's going to say )
    doc, tsk, tsk, thats far too much ( told you)
    doc, only drink 2 pints in one session, 3 at the most,
    gib, so if I drink 2 pints can I go out 3 times in the week,
    doc yes, thats a good idea,

so in conclusion on doctors orders I have to now go out 3 times a week instead of my usual once,

I love doctors me ;)

2. Stu Curry

Stu Curry New Member

Yes my doctor once told me you werent meant to drink all the allowed weekly units in one night!

3. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

I need to have words with my doctor.
    All he told me was:   'pala, you NEED to cut down on the drinking'.

4. Add to cart

Add to cart New Member

Are you a hard drinker then gibo...?got a strawberry nose yet...? just like pala below!!!
    [​IMG]

5. gib.son

gib.son New Member

that fellow was feathured on embarrassing bodies a few months ago, turns out he was a complete tee total, anyrode they cut it off for him,

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I read somewhere that drinking was bad for you,,,,, So I stopped reading.

PS Add To Cart, Where'd you get that photo of Alex Ferguson without his glasses on ?

7. joinerjohn1

What ????? Cut his nose off to spite his face :eek:

8. I did see that episode, Gibbie. Watching them slicing pieces off that nose with a scalpel has left scars. On me.

Anyways, next door neighb - mid 60's, portly - has to go home to his mum's house every evening to look after her. To compensate for this call on his life, as he cooks for them both he opens a whisky bottle and damn well nearly finishes one off each night. Add to that his diabetes, a cholesterol level of nearly 8 (don't mean nuffin' to me, but apparently it's not good...), and you get the idea that he ain't in best of health. Anyways, just before Christmas, he turns it all around - absolutely tt, eats moderately and healthily, and - just over one month on - he's a new man. Disappearing before my eyes. A sparkle in his eye (not at me, y'understand...), a chol. level of just over 3, and - frankly - a new lease of life.

Most impressed.

9. MrGrimNasty

MrGrimNasty New Member

The weight loss is probably down to bowel cancer.

10. Add to cart

Add to cart New Member

<em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; color: #000000; font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: 31px; text-align: -webkit-auto; background-color: #ffffff; font-size: small;">drôle[/i]

11. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

change your life style,stop the drinking, and expect one fing only, a slow and early death.   now, where did I keep dat bottle of wiskey?   I had it only a minute ago.  surely, i cant have lost it

12. joinerjohn1

Ahh Palava, you really should go to your doc and have a memory test. Sounds like you've got the signs of Early Onset Dementia. :eek:

Now, if I can only find the add reply button, I'd be happy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

13. Add to cart

Add to cart New Member

Well, the Christmas decorations are up again in our house.

Living with dementia can be very trying.

14. MrGrimNasty

MrGrimNasty New Member

Yeh, but the extra presents are nice.