yourtrustedtrdaesmen.com these do work?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by mick66, Apr 23, 2008.

1. mick66

mick66 New Member

Hi ive just joined a site called yourtrustedtradesmen.com
    saw them in the local paper, so had a look never been tempted before to expensive and to many listed. But this
    site only list ten tradesmen from each category for each county it lists. ive only been with them for 3 weeks or so and have priced 2 jobs and got one of them which has paid back the £20 they charge a year, plus they design the ad for you, im in there bedfordshire section. THERE quite young i think but they get a lot of coverage. Anyways if anyone else has joined such a sit would be intersed to know your stories.

2. Easy Life

Easy Life Member

Hi Mick66 the site didnt work (your user name)

The business contact details are Mr
    Michael Andrews the registered business address is 15 Manor Road Bedford, Beds MK45 4NP the business phone number is 01582 883699.

However when i looked at that site it had only had a very poor 10108 visitors (not unique) a free ad on www.yell.com would be a better bet in my opinion.

But Goodluck to Michael & Emma Andrews

Jacen

3. mick66

mick66 New Member

Easylife what do you mean it didnt work?
    And those hits have accumalated in 14 days of opening not bad.
    TROUBLE WITH YELL.COM TO MANY ADVERTISE
    SO DO YOU THINK MY CONCEPT IS A GD IDEA?
    WE HAVE SIGHNED 237 PEOPLE IN 14 DAYS NOT BAD FOR SUCH A YOUNG SITE. WE WILL BE THE BIGGEST IN 2 YEARS THATS A PROMISE

THANKS FOR READING AND NOT JUST SLAGGING IT OF WITHOUT LOOKING
    MICK

4. georgeybest

georgeybest New Member

Mick, you are talking out of your Ar$e. There are too many of these ***** sites around, Im sure Yell are quaking in their boots. People use trusted established brands that have spent years and millions building a BRAND.

Not some small time company that try sly little tricks to get people to use their site. Do you think we are all thick?

You say you will be the biggest in two years.. ******, bigger than 118 or yell. HA.

Good luck anyway. You need it

5. Lonnie Donegan

Lonnie Donegan New Member

I don't think there are many people who would want to use a site, that is run by somebody who cannot distinguish between the words OF and OFF, or TO and TOO.

6. mick66

mick66 New Member

I know English was never my strong point
    but thanks for pointing it out.
    And i never said i was going to be bigger than yell ect
    just said with there ads there are hundreds competing,
    within the same trades. Where as we only list ten from each county of each trade. SURELY THERES NO HARM IN THAT.
    This site has over ten thousand hits in 14 days so you cant say the interest is not there.
    So any corgi registered plumber on screwfix who wants to be listed for free in there own county let me know. What harm can it do your company? WWW.YOURTRUSTEDTRADESMEN.COM

7. John@KC

John@KC New Member

It is a very hard language to master, those 2 and 3 letter words are so bloody difficult to grasp.

8. PTFE

PTFE Member

mick66, you haven't helped your cause by lying!

You start off telling us you've found a website that you've signed up to - and then reveal that it's actually your website!

And the spelling problem is going to put prospective tradesmen off, because it reflects on them - it links their name/company to a lack of basic English.
    A customer may think, "If they can't be bothered checking their spelling, what will their workmanship be like?!"

PTFE

9. Easy Life

Easy Life Member

Hi Mick66

i have not slagged the site off in the slightest

you miss spelt the subject line, you put yourtrustedtrdaesmen.com rather than yourtrustedtradesmen.com

also reading your ad / post you claim that you found it in your local paper etc. implying that it was unrelated to you, infact it is now clear that was just a lie / misleading, you were infact just trying to plug your own web site.

had you been honest in your posted that you have just setup a web site etc. you may have received several takers, now i expect most people with give you 2 fingers because in their mind they don't trust you as you have tried to mislead them.

where you state "WE WILL BE THE BIGGEST IN 2 YEARS THATS A PROMISE" biggest what? if you mean site with ads etc. if you do the maths 10x each trade will be a very small site. where do you advertise your site for people to find out about it, to know to go to your site rather than yell.com etc. how do you build your brand.

Personally i think you might have been better to offer a free to register site, where anyone can advertise their services etc for free with their own online webpage(s) (operate it like ebay feedback, where people can leave feedback after each job eg price, arrival on time, politeness, prompt service) if and when you manage to get lots of hits on the site per day, you can then charge companies for banner ads etc, or line yell.com 1st in the search results etc.

also i think the site name is way to long

more and more sites now use .mobi as well as .com because more and more people can now access the net via mobile devices eg mobile phone and pda etc. eg look for a taxi number on yell.mobi search the web on google.mobi (this is to cut down on data transfer costs and some phones / pda's cant display normal webpages)

Jacen

10. mick66

mick66 New Member

Thanks easy life for your comments suggestions
    I should have been up front bad choice.
    if you go on the site you will see a list of over 50 trades services on offer and im sure this will grow with time. The prospective customer when selecting a trade will be given a list of just ten for that county.
    Our advertising is all over papers, search engines. google ads ect. It all takes time we have only been up and running for 14 full days its a real learning curve.
    We are going to make mistakes but it helps with positive feedback like yours and others. Not just slagging it off for the sake of it. The spelling issue i will take up with the web designers. But since posting 4 of screwfixes plumbers have rang to get inserted in thier county.
    Thanks mick.

11. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

Are you taking the mick mick.

12. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Ah 'ponty' I'm surprised you can show your face on here today after that disgraceful game last night!!..........LOL!!!
    What a load of ***** eh? Pub teams or what, and the own goal - I nearly pizzed myself laughing!!

13. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Hi ive just joined a site called yourtrustedtradesmen.com

A fool and his money..

There's one born every minute...

They saw you coming...

Never mind, you'll get over it...

etc etc ;)