YouTube made me throw up.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Fada Mach, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Fada Mach

Fada Mach New Member

Checking out The Tomplum's latest tips, and then started browsing the other vids on there. Ever noticed the "check for bad breath" clip that often comes up at the top of the list? Obviously an advert, so I never clicked on it. Until now.

No surprise, it's for a tongue scraper/brushy thing.

So's getting ready for bed that night, I thought I'd give my tongue a good brushing chust to see (no, I wasn't 'on a promise' or anything, in fact I was completely alone that evening as t'wife was away and kids were at Nan's)

And therein lay the problem. I'd had 'tea' at Nan's earlier, and her plates of curry are full to overflowing, and so, as it turned out, was I.

Anyways, I know all about the 'puke reflex' at the back of the tongue (I ain't stupid) so took care not to go anywhere near there with my tooth brush. My personal p-r, however, seems to have been doing the ageing thing and it now seems to cover just about all my tongue.

I teased the toothbrush towards the middle of my tongue and tried a delicate flick further backwards, and immediately felt the nausea rise within me. Retreat. Retreat.

Phew, that was close oneeeeeeeeooooouuuuccchhhh.

Basin turned bright reddy orange. What in god's name do they put in these curries? It looked - literally - as though I'd puked my guts up.

My breath was not improved.

2. Mr GrimNasty

Mr GrimNasty Active Member

So reading between the lines, the wife and kids have left you, you spend all day and night trawling the internet for dodgy clips, you're living off takeaways, you have bulimia...... and bad breath.

Pull yourself together man!

3. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

what i've learned since making that video,
    that multimeter was bought at princess auto's in canada and had a lifetime guarrentee, it cost $9.99, which at the time was equal to £5, so its no toy, as someone suggested,
    anyrode i sent the video to their customer services dept and they agreed all their products have a lifetime guarantee, but seeing as the multimeter is now dead, it ends thier responsibility , so lesson 1, never act on impulse unless you have money to burn,

4. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Member

My Boxer 30 has terrible hum. On the kind advice of some gents on an electronic/music forum, I purchased a quality multimeter on eBay. This new model reads down to 200mV on the AC scale so is a vast improvement on my previous model - which looked a bit like your ex, Mr Plum. (Oh, it had only a 200V and 750V scale since you ask.)

After doing this, however, the kind gents haven't replied to my results posting.

What to do?

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

my work socks have a terrible hum, i don't wear boxers thou,  i wear budgie smugglers, as that aussie inthe fosters ad likes to call them, changing daily is the answer not electrical mumbo jumbo,

6. C.Bechstein

C.Bechstein New Member

I wear elephant trunk smugglers, as we call them in my asylum.

7. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

All grey and wrinkled, eh ?

Never mind.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

8. C.Bechstein

C.Bechstein New Member

No, some are red, some blue but they're all ironed daily.

9. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Sounds painful!

10. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

So, your wife and kids are away for the evening and your surfing youtube looking at Tomps videos?????

Christ, I know what I'd be surfing for.!!!!!!!,,,,,,,, a nice video of someone making a dovetail joint by hand.