zanussi wdj 1294 washer drier

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by dougie573, Apr 6, 2006.

1. dougie573

dougie573 New Member

hi
    first question
    which is the best forum to post a querie about fixing washing machines? is it an engineering problem, an electrician or a plumber. i am an architect and as such am clueless about these things (and building trade in general i hear you all saying)

the problem is the on/off switch is knackered. it would probably cost a tenner for the part. i cant work out how to get the front face which houses the switches off without snapping it. you cant get into it from the back either (ooh err young man etc.....)

anybody got any ideas apart from phone a washing machine engineer and cough £80 ?

dont mind paying for the engineer normaly, but this just looks as if it should be simple.

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Don't know about your particular machine, but sometimes the screws holding the front on are hidden, one(or two inside the soap drawer and maybe one behind the 'dial' knob(which might pull off).

Mr. HandyAndy - really

3. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

Usually to get the front off you go round the back of the washer, there will be two screws (top left and top right) undo these and slide the washer top backwards, then it should tilt and lift off.
    This will reveal the screws/clips holding th facia on.

4. MOONSHINE

MOONSHINE New Member

Have a look at back top see if there are 2 screws,if so unscrew & push top forward. You need the top off not back.

5. nigel

nigel Guest

There are a few domestic appliance repair forums on the web with detailed advice.

6. Pat-UK

Pat-UK New Member

Hi

This is my neck of the woods
    Quite an easy fix

You don't have to take off the fron plastic fasia to fit the new switch, MAKE SURE THE MACHINE IS UNPLUGGED !!!!

Remove lid (2 screws sometimes 8mm bolts at rear)
    Locate the switch, Flat screw drver and lever it gently and it will pop out leaving the button in place.

Pop the new switch into place and click it in, holding the button in position as you puch the switch in.

Then swap the wiring over, (these are on a cable block so you can't get it wrong.

Re fit lid, and test

There is 3 versions of the WDJ1294 if you open the door you will see a sticker with a Product number begining with 914 post the full number here and I will give you the part number for the switch you need, They are all £10.48 + Vat

7. clevadick

clevadick New Member

There are a few domestic appliance repair forums on
    the web with detailed advice.

www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk

8. Pat-UK

Pat-UK New Member

Yep, it's one of the best.

And you'll find me there too :eek:)

9. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

There are a few domestic appliance repair forums
    on
    the web with detailed advice.

www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk

Change the record will ya ?

Why not offer some advice for a pleasant change ?

We could answer ALL questions with the word 'Google'.

What a good idea. No need for a forum then.

'struth!

Mr. HandyAndy - really

10. dougie573

dougie573 New Member

pat
    thanks very much
    i owe you a few beers mate
    i will give this a try as soon as i have finished decorating the bedroom

thanks

11. dougie573

dougie573 New Member

pat
    the number is 914 639 008

12. ash77

ash77 New Member

Hi,

I have a zanussi WDJ 1294, AND THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE SOAP AND CONDITIONER ARE NOT DESPENSED INTO THE WASHING MACHINE.
    aNY HELP HERE WOULD BE GRATEFUL. wHAT DO i HAVE TO CHANGE?
    Is it the Detergent Dispenser?

Regards