Zinsser BIN

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by KDO, Oct 3, 2018.

1. KDO

KDO New Member

Hi
    Can Zinsser BIN be brushed or rolled over a large area of bare wood for sealing knots or does each knot have to be ragged
    Thanks

2. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

Yes it can be brushed or rolled over a large area of bare wood if it's for interior application otherwise for exterior only spot priming is recommended.

3. DIY womble

DIY womble Well-Known Member

While your their astra will it sort out stain coming through a hardwall and skim from a removed chimney wall

4. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Would have gave the wall two coats of SBR cement slurry to seal it before the hardwall.

5. Astramax

Sure will guv ;), would give it a couple of coats.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    DIY womble likes this.
  6. KDO

KDO New Member

Many Thanks I take it it’s good for knots ?

7. Astramax

Yes it's a shellac based product, Google Zinsser BIN and research the data sheets.

KDO likes this.
  8. DIY womble

Cheers kiab , not my wall , already done by a Russian builder , but said I'd ask for the customer, cheers astra

9. CGN

CGN Well-Known Member

The spray can version is handy to have around.

10. DIY womble

Cheers ,didn't known that , I was bonding and skimming over an abandoned attempt by a builder and despite the extra layers warned the customer it best to use zin , thanks again to everyone on behalf of the customer, sorry to hijack post

KIAB likes this.
  11. Astramax

Always used Synthaproof myself to seal soot on removed chimney breasts prior to rendering.