Zoned heating

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Jay459, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Jay459

Jay459 Member

I live in a new build house with 4 zone heating, downstairs, upstairs, water and detached garage. I want to get this heatmiser kit as it will allow remote control access to my heating. I would also like to be able to zone my master bedroom.

What does this entail zoning out one particular room upstairs.

http://www.heatmisershop.co.uk/heat...tm_source=bc&gclid=COnDvNHM0dECFW0A0wodjFAG5Q

And does my programmer become redundant once I install the neo hub and thermostats from heat miser?

2. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

I'm not a fan of remote control over your heating, I think it is a level of control that you really don't need.

Changing the zone set up will involve pipework changes so setting up an additional zone to control the master bedroom could be a bit involved (floors up etc).
    Looks straight forward enough if you are a good diyer and I've found Heatmiser technical reasonably helpful in the past.
    But I've also found Heatmiser products are not especially reliable, they also have a habit of regularly updating their range and discontinuing older products so you've been warned!

3. 2shortplanks

2shortplanks Active Member

4. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Yes you could. Anyone fitted one of these?

Had an Evohome by Honeywell (similar system to Heatmiser) which did nothing but pick up stray signals so odd radiators were coming on randomly. Nightmare, owner called in Honeywell who in fairness did attend, but almost no improvement so system was taken out.

Too much technology is not good for you........
    Or am I just getting past it......:confused:

5. Jay459

Jay459 Member

What type of TRV are required for these controllers, are they the smart radiator valves..?