Zs - Saturating RCD

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by bundyrocca, Feb 26, 2010.

1. seneca2

seneca2 New Member

1.67 rings a bell
    ------------
    You are thinking of the difference in end to end resistance of 2.5/1.5, 1.67 is the multiplication factor, ie, the 1.5 will be 1.67 times greater in resistance than the 2.5.

2. Topics: [ Previous

Topics: [ Previous New Member

Hello I'm your favorite application

Press me if you would like to move on

Please recommend this application to a friend.

3. seneca2

seneca2 New Member

Another waste of space joins the team!

4. nottsspark

nottsspark New Member

every tester ive ever used gives unexpected readings when doing an rcd inco-operated earth loop. this is very common. if the result exceeds acceptable zs simply bridge the rcd and u will get a more accurate result, if its within, dont worry about it

5. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Why would having an RCD in line affect the reading? Is there an appreciable resistance over the contacts?

Never had any erroneous readings on my Robin separate when checking Zs with the RCD in line. Maybe these super whizz bang MFT's are not very good?..:)

6. sysparks

sysparks New Member

This topic has come up before, and it seems fluke and robin testers are the best for giving accurate readings when protected by RCD.

Seems odd that test kit manufactors are allowed to use the low current method when its clearly sub-standard to the other method used by robin and fluke.

I have changed to a robin loop tester this year for that very reason.

7. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

8. mr sillys

mr sillys New Member

Robins rule lap dog

cheers

9. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

10. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

:^O

11. seneca2

seneca2 New Member

They are ok, but they won't do loop test's without triping the rcd, unless you use the low current option and then the result's are * I had a Robin KTS1610 at one time, good meter except for the rcd triping problem, also 1610 doesn't have a lead nulling facility, you have to deduct lead resistance from the test reading.

[Edited by: admin]

12. mr sillys

mr sillys New Member

gord the math

aaaa

get a robin in the bag you never have a problem

cheers

wtf