£5500 for stairwell lighting..?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by bluebird, Dec 9, 2013.

1. bluebird

bluebird New Member

...no other costs are listed! I have asked them about the rest of the £5500. We're in London - which I know might make a difference to costs.

2. bluebird

bluebird New Member

Rewire common area lighting: £289 and install new 17th edition consumer unit = £997. (Apparently there was a page missing!) I guess if this sounds reasonable we will have to go ahead - I asked if we could get an independent quote and they said no, not at this point.

3. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

on what grounds have they refused to allow additional quotations ?

as a leaseholder (?) you are entitled to get value for money for the services charges, are these works within the scope covered by your lease contract - they sound like building upkeep costs to me

4. stateit

stateit Screwfix Select

My take on this is the companies approached for quoutes are not a 'one man band' company, which management companies tend to avoid.

You are asking about prices on a forum which is generally frequented by 'one man band' companies.

For a company of a medium size, with their overheads, this is probably a reasonable amount for them to be asking...

5. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Hmmmmmm

6. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Street lighting columns are subject to malfunction, and as such must be taken out of the equation.

7. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

I think he may have had it done by now.

8. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

[QUOTE="bluebird, post: 1274761, member: 102435 We're in London - which I know might make a difference to costs.[/QUOTE]

Right I didn't see that - in the smoke and it sounds like Hampstead - I remember Hampstead/smoke stuff very well indeed, particularly Old Street. Parking permits this and that, right flipping heck - no wonder its 5k plus.

9. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

It does because the jobs in the smoke - believe you me pal working in the smoke doing refurbs and stuff is hard going

10. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

6.5K by now :mad:

11. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Dec 9th 2013 original post - concur with Metro but with a plus on the 6.5k

12. MR DIAZ

MR DIAZ Active Member

Impossible to say online without seeing the job