10 cog euro cylinders

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Bru, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Bru

Bru New Member

trying to replace a lock on my front door, and it's a type I've not seen before, what appears to be a 10 cog euro cylinder with thumbturn.

would a standard euro cylinder work in there instead or does it have to be a 10 cog? can't seem to find many online so seems like they may be redundant now. Also seems to be a weird measurement - 66mm for the length of the cylinder... could you replace it with a 70?

appreciate your help!

20160222_214140-1.jpg 20160222_214219.jpg

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Can't help with the 10 cog bit, but how far does it stick outside from the handle? 70mm will only add an extra 2mm so as long as it's not protruding too far then will be fine. This is mainly from a security point of view as most euro cylinders are a piece of cake to snap...did a couple a few weeks ago on damaged locks!!

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Andy's found it, looks like satin chrome finish.

5. Ragmans Trumpet

Ragmans Trumpet New Member

The Original Lock is a Multilock, EVVA do a Copy, the Multi lock is a Stronger Key and is the Best Cylinder because there is a lot of pressure on the Key, throwing all those Bolts., use the original size if you can, but i have used 70mm