2 sockets 1 spur

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Mr Rusty, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

I need to spur from an existing (ring) double socket for a relocated fridge. It would be convenient to put a second socket on the same spur for a sound system, but I know 2 sockets from one spur is not compliant. I believe I am OK if I add a 13A FCU from the socket I want to spur from and then run the 2 new sockets from the FCU. The FCU would also be handy because the fridge socket will not be easily accessible. Someone confirm I am OK please.

Thanks

2. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Yes Simon it's ok if there's an fcu between the ring and the socket outlets.

3. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

cheers

4. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

5. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

That would be ok, it's the fuse that's important in this situation. If the circuit already has rcd protection though there would be no point in fitting the rcd version.

6. Welshdragon1

cheers for that :)

7. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

Do remember in Wales the original Part P is still running so I would assume fridge means kitchen which would be notifiable in Wales.

8. Welshdragon1

Cheers for the clarification, although I knew it affects me, not sure about the OP though ;)

9. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

No not Wales.

10. Welshdragon1