43mm or 40mm waste?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Dusty, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Dusty

Dusty Guest

Just about to fit a new kitchen. The new sink comes with 40mm waste pipes, yet the local trade suppliers only stock 43mm and the DIY store 40mm. As I also need to install new waste for the WM & DW should I use 40 or 43.
    Will one supersede the other in time?

Thanks
    Dusty

2. nigel

nigel Guest

Just use all the same size, if you need to join odd sizes there are universal compression connectors.

3. the grim emailer

the grim emailer New Member

I think that they are both the same size but one is measured internally and one is measured externally.

Malcolm

4. dewaltdisney

dewaltdisney New Member

I have found that it is a nuisance that there is not a universal conformity on this. I usually end up with fittings that do not fit because the difference between manufacturers on pipe wall thickness. This is more important when trying to marry up to existing plumbing connections. You have to shop around a bit to find the fittings that match and I have lots of odd bits that I could not be bothered to take back. I guess they will come in useful one day!!

DWD

5. jmcbuilders

jmcbuilders New Member

Stick to one make & colour Osma & hunter are not compatable. File ends before pushing together and use lub. all obove if using push fit. JMc